SAU Community

Your Car

NismoAlan

Wondered what happened to them... same mob I got my car from. Never going through a dealer again - next one comes through MR-GTR.

I'm pretty happy with mine, but I have noticed a few things...

* Tyre placard is for an R32 GTS

* Badly matching paint on some panels (you have to look closely)

* No dash light dimmer

* Can't see any side intrusion bars in the doors??? But I'm no expert so I might have missed em

* They told me they were going to put new tyres on the car for me and they did - but they were the worst f***ing tyres I've ever owned!! Downright dangerous in the wet and absolutely useless as a performance tyre (no sidewall rigidity and total lack of grip). They were good for 3rd gear rolling burnouts even when the car was a stocker (before the clutch started to wear). Yes, they were that bad. Upgraded to FM901s and the car feels about 400 times safer.

I thought they had an air of dodginess about them but being young and stupid I ignored it and thought I was being paranoid. The lessons we learn. I was just lucky I got off pretty well compared to others...

Originally posted by DAMQIK GTS-T

Bought my car from Sports Car World

There gone bust now so I can crap on em all I like

[*]they didnt tranfer the car into my name

[*]they didnt insure the car as they were supost to with suncorp

[*]they didnt pay the warranty people (and I bought the better warranty)

[*]I paid for a mod that I didnt get

[*]they didnt pay the stamp duty on the car when I did.

[/list=1]

Not realizing any of this until after they busted.

I had to sign stat dec to prove the car was mine and show all my paper work on the car, to transfer the rego I had to pay just over $800 stamp duty If I ever see the mother again Ill beat him to a bloody pulp, :rolleyes:

The stress he caused my wife and I is unforgiveable

we were cutting it close (money) to buy the car anyway

beat that story if you can.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if i chucked on a turbo on my car, would that be one mod?

mmhmm... hahaha

i didnt know about that, for my stereo, mum just said if it ever gets stolen, just say it was in the car when we got it.

same with the side skirts. and we havent seem to have a problem with suncorp yet..

what we did about getting insurance when we got it, get them to give yuo a cover letter, that basically covers you while you register the car and finalize the insurance. like you can get this before you buy the car. that way if they say no you cant insure it, say yes i can, here is cover letter, you get a quote with it aswell for your full insurance.