SAU Community

R34 Skyline Gt-t

G`day

I've been doing some research about these cars, checkin' up on specifications, it's capacity and all that jazz. I've noticed some of the stock gt-t 34's have different front bars.. Was there any series I and II's with the 34's like what happened with the R33's?

Another thing I have noticed is, some 34's don't have that yellow little round indicator lights on the rear which i find it ugly but instead its red.. Why is this? does Gt-t's have them and Gt-r's dont?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G`day

I've been doing some research about these cars, checkin' up on specifications, it's capacity and all that jazz. I've noticed some of the stock gt-t 34's have different front bars.. Was there any series I and II's with the 34's like what happened with the R33's?

Another thing I have noticed is, some 34's don't have that yellow little round indicator lights on the rear which i find it ugly but instead its red.. Why is this? does Gt-t's have them and Gt-r's dont?

As far as I know, the sedan has two red tail lights with a seperate rectangular indicator, whereas the coupe's have the indicators in the centre of the inner red tail light.

(EDIT: A pic to show what I mean)

post-18125-1163035274.jpg

Edited by Big Rizza

That S2 front bar makes it look like it's trying to compete with Chaser's rather than Supra's - it looks like it's trying to be elegant rather than aggressive. Not in keeping with the skyline's character IMO.

Edited by Big Rizza

Some of the coupes instead of having two reverese white lights have a red one. Which is a fog light. In the northmost island of japan there is lots of fog so thats what it is for.

I love the series 2 front bar, looks so plain and sedan like.

SII front bar = Ford Falcon wannabe look :happy:

Now I find that offensive!! You're just jeolous!!

SII bar....mega cutting and abuse to fit FMIC, then it'll look crap as well

Stop picking on my car!!! It has more powah than both of you remember!!!!!

There is another front bar variation.

post-18125-1163039573.jpg

Left is the regular GTT, right is the factory NISMO aero kit option. Being a factory option, you could still call it stock.

EDIT: Does anyone else find it amusing that the car without the NISMO kit has NISMO badges, and the car with the NISMO kit doesn't have NISMO badges?

Edited by Big Rizza

SII front bar = Ford Falcon wannabe look :happy:

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

post-18125-1163040887.jpg

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?

Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

post-18125-1163040887.jpg

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?

Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?

I knew what I was looking for but it still took me ages! Proves the point that S2 front bar = BA lookalike :verymad:

Here's some specs when i did my research.

Nissan Skyline Specifications

General Details

Year 1998

Month May

Make Nissan

Model Skyline

Spec 25GTt turbo

Body Type Coupe

Chassis Code GF-ER34

Price New

Yen Price 2,898,000 yen

AUD Price 34,359.17 aud

LSD Yes

Brakes

Front Brakes Ventilated disk

Rear Brakes Ventilated disk

Wheels & Tyres

Front Tyres 225/45ZR17

Rear Tyres 225/45ZR17

Alloy Wheels 17 inch standard

Suspension

Front Suspension Independent suspension multiple link type

Rear Suspension Independent suspension multiple link type

Dimensions & Mass

Exterior Dimensions 4580 x 1725 x 1340

Interior Dimensions 1780 x 1400 x 1105

Wheel Base 2665

Tread 1480 / 1470

Ground Clearance 140

Curb Weight 1410

Gross Weight 0

Number of Seats 5

Number of Doors 2

Turning Circle 5

Engine

Engine Code RB25DET

Displacement (cc) 2498

Aspiration Turbo with intercooler

Max Power 280 ps (205.94 kw) @ 6400 rpm

Max Torque 35.0 kg*m (343.23 N*m) @ 3200 rpm

Power to Weight Ration 146.90

Engine Type Watercooled Inline 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve Intercooled Turbo

Engine Info NEO straight 6

Compression Ratio 9.00

Bore 86.00

Stroke 71.70

Fuel System

Fuel System NISSAN EGI (ECCS) (electronic gasoline injection)

Fuel Type Unleaded premium gasoline

LEV No

Fuel Capacity (Litres) 65

Fuel (Average) 10.20 (9.40 for the manual) **cough yeah right**

Fuel (Highway) 5.70

Accessories

Power Steering Yes

Sunroof Option

Rear Wiper Yes

Front Spoiler Option

Rear Spoiler Option

ABS Brakes Yes

Traction Control (TCS) Yes

Privacy Glass Option

UV Glass Yes

Air Conditioning Full automatic

Woodgrain Trim No

Cruise Control No

Central Locking Yes

Power Windows Yes

Telescopic Steering No

Tilt Steering Yes

Leather Steering Wheel Yes

Power Seat Front No

Power Seat Rear No

Leather Seats No

Folding Seats No

Audio Visual

Audio Deck AM/FM radio equipped cassette player

CD PLayer No

Satellite Navigation Option

Safety Features

Child Seat Yes

Rear 3 Point Yes

Seat Pretension Yes

LTD Front Seatbelt Yes

Side Impact Bar Yes

Air Bag Driver Yes

Air Bag Passenger Yes

Air Bag Side Option

Lighting

Front Fog Lights Option

Rear Fog Lights Option

HID Yes

Projectors No

Colours

Black pearl

White

Dark blue pearl

Athlete silver (M)

Sonic silver (M)

Active red

Option

Lightning yellow

There is another front bar variation.

post-18125-1163039573.jpg

Left is the regular GTT, right is the factory NISMO aero kit option. Being a factory option, you could still call it stock.

EDIT: Does anyone else find it amusing that the car without the NISMO kit has NISMO badges, and the car with the NISMO kit doesn't have NISMO badges?

It's actually called the Nissan Aero bar. I have the full kit. It's not NISMO.

There is also an Altia kit which uses the same front bar but has the giant wang. This is bad, stay away from it. Altia is a separate company from what I understand but not sure how closely related they might be to Nissan. I suspect it's more closely related to the dealers.

My car had quite a few factory and dealer only options.

Here's some more GTT info.

http://www.linney.org/Index.htm?Nissan_sky...R34GTT_info.htm

go for the nissan aero kit... this is what i have.. the kit looks so nice and simple and adds to the look of the car... i have the original nissan press release notes for the R34 from 1998... it there it states that the R34 gtt chassis is stiffer then the R33 gtr chassis... i found that very interesting...

Thanks for all the info guys.. appreciate it.

Few years ago i brought a lemon s1 R33, had it for a year but it took me months to sell it, had too many problems. I was told the car had been in a major accident in japan (i was the first oz. owner) by a panel beater when i took the car in for a small spray job. Thank god, i got rid of the car for the same price i brought it..

With my next car, i will be doing my h/w and hopefully I'll come across a clean healthy black 34.

What was the production years for 34's? 1998 till 2000? Isn't that a bit short? So V35's begun in 2001 ?

Can some one tell me what on earth Xenon head lights are, lol i have no idea what they are or what they do.

Abo Bob

From the site you gave above.. what i've noticed is theres two different interior styles.. is the left one optional and the right standard?

R34GTTinfo_interior2.jpgR34GTTinfo_interior.jpg

Edited by pretender-