SAU Community

Underbody Opinions

SKiTLz

Ok fellas. This is a car im looking at purchasing here pretty quickly. Spoken with the seller quite a bit and hes a stand up guy. I wanted to get others opinions on the underbody though. Im assured its just surface rust and nothing to really worry about but i wanted to get a second opinion.

From the pictures what do you guys think? See anything terribly wrong?

Appreciate any input before i throw down the cash on my second skyline.

01.jpg02.jpg

03.jpg04.jpg

05.jpg06.jpg

07.jpg08.jpg

09.jpg10.jpg

11.jpg12.jpg

13.jpg14.jpg

Looks to me like it was driven in snow country a lot and picked up the salt from the roads (they salt them to melt the ice). I asked a few ppl about the salt roads and the cars from southern japan (tokyo or further south) are less likely to have been driven on salt roads much. Based on what you can see in the photos, there's probably more rust lurking elswhere.

cheers

Mikel

(about to purchase an R33 series 2)

Edited by mikel

Care to elaborate? Why? That doesn't really help me.

this is only the rust you can see ,once it has got into the seams of car ..the stuff you can`t see ...car is basically farked..get some photos of front towers.. if there is any rust stains on seams near tower bars than car is genuinely rooted ..meaning rust is in bulkhead and cannot be fixed

this is not an uncommon problem and cars have been knocked back for compliance for it,personally i would not comply this car..going by previous experience :cheers: