SAU Community

Vz Ss Ute Vs R32 Gtr

SysLink67

I know its a crapy kinda question but just wondering what people OP's would be.

My GTR has 2860r's, 260 Tomei cams, all supporting mods (rad,intake pods,700cc sards etc etc) Apexi PFC D-Jettro and runs about 430RWHP on dyno.

The VZ ss ute is stock. My bro thinks it will thrash it to bits. I mean I have come up against WR craps and common whores but no exp against utes.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a line up next to one of these and how they went or how my car would perform against one.

I think the VZ SS ute specs are : a 6.0 V8Gen IV, 1600.. Kgs and around 250Kw ....

anyways.... Like to hear some thoughts

You think it will be easy to take out... Like not a 6000rpm launch or somthing right...?

i rekon you can jus roll it out. but then again whats the point lol mite as well make it a slaughtering and go for the launch.

but yes this is going to be done on a drag strip right?

I have a similar combo and the same RWHP and I can tell you with some degree of certainty that if you have even a modicum of talent the ute will be pwned. You've got AWD, more WHP, more weight over the rear wheels and a better diff ratio. The ute might be chipped but even if it is you'll have him cold off the lights, better 60 footers, he'll do some catching at the 660 mark but I proclaim it another victory for a well sorted Godzilla over the taxi. Make sure you drop your rear tyre pressures to ensure super happy drag time.

You wouldn't even need to drop the tyre pressures, I was doing comfortable 1.70sec 60ft times on 255/40/17 bald Nankang tyres that any ute could only dream about (unless it had slicks).

I know its a crapy kinda question but just wondering what people OP's would be.

My GTR has 2860r's, 260 Tomei cams, all supporting mods (rad,intake pods,700cc sards etc etc) Apexi PFC D-Jettro and runs about 430RWHP on dyno.

The VZ ss ute is stock. My bro thinks it will thrash it to bits. I mean I have come up against WR craps and common whores but no exp against utes.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a line up next to one of these and how they went or how my car would perform against one.

I think the VZ SS ute specs are : a 5.7 V8, 1600.. Kgs and around 250Kw ....

anyways.... Like to hear some thoughts

Don't mean to be rude but that was a pretty dumb question haha

I've raced one of those ute's with a full car load extra 300 kilo's with less pwr than u and blown it by 10 car lengths. Ur car weighs less n has more pwr so how could u lose?

Put a good bet on the outcome so you have some extra coin to play with your car.Is like the Eagles playing Balga primary school football team.

ROFL nice call

But yes, as mentioned, your car is lighter and has more power.. you're probably toting almost double his power at the wheels (you're running roughly 320ish kW@wheels and the stock gen3 with 250kW @ the engine probably putting down maybe 180rwkW on a good day.. correct me if I'm wrong).

The difference lies in that he has an abundance of low down torque but only two poor tyres to feed the power to the ground. You have lag, but also have 4wd to compensate for when the power does come on. Either way, he might get you off the line if you bog down but I'm sure it wouldn't take long at all to pass him like he's standing still :miner:

no chance dude :miner: ,godzilla would eat the ute for breakfast mate,different if it was a ls1 ute with some mods,but even then the gtr would win, with 430hp at the wheels,that should be good enough for mid to low 11s at least.