SAU Community

Bonnet Vents

thrtytwo

i am building a cold air box in my 32gtst and was considering the option of a bonnet vent instead of feeding air through the front bar, would this mean i would have problems in rain ? was thinking out putting an R34 GTR V spec II vent on

gunna photoshop some pics to see how it looks but cant find any decent pics of the real thing :ninja:

anyways yeh, would water gt on my pod, and this would be bad right ?

Rain is gonna get in what ever you do if driving in bad weather.

I'd go front bar vent...

1. Build a rain trap in the induction pipe.

Straight pipe tee'd or Y'd off to the air box,

dead end the straight bit of pipe about 6 inches awat from the T or Y

Water is heavier so wil carry straight on the easiest path.....i(e) the dead end.

It will hit the dead end,so put a small hiole in the dead end at the bottom edge to drain water away, via a drain pipe/ tube or just leave the hole to draining away to outside the body obviously

job done....

...some water bourne air will still carry on in to the airbox, cant be helped...bit like cheap water injection...LOL

2 or just plug the air inlet pipe in bad weather, and take the lid off your air box.....your not going to be road racing in really bad weather anyway.

Edited by Allkiller

The Hood Vent looks very cool

But it is in turbulent air...as it hits the grill and lights air curls over the front and is not ram air style as the Front Bar would be,

The hood vent would need to be further back to avoid the turbulence IMO

it may not get as much as a ram air fed system.

it still gets alot of airflow through that vent.. the airbox will seal against the bonnet and a custom pipe is going to be made that feeds air straight to my turbo's. as i dont need my AFM's anymore.. it is trial and error at the moment but i think it will be sufficiant.. gives quite an induction noise thats for sure...

*edit* yes water gets in if it rains...

Edited by Noy