SAU Community

help please guys

ron

hi all,

yesterday morning i turned on my car (still cold), and it started fine for 2 second and the rev drops a little. so i give it a small rev as usual. but suddenly the engine just sounded like it was running 4-5 cylinders?!!!! like a WRX.

it shitted me so i turned it off after 5 sec. then i tried to turn it back on after a few sec and it did exactly the same thing.!

i shut it off and after a minute or so i tried again, and it runs as usual!!!!!. and no problem since.

what happended? is my gasket going? if you know please advise.

i havnt changed the spark plugs for sometimes now.

thank you in advance to all

ron

ive had the same problem with my car, but i think it was just lack of spark, and one or two chambers werent combusting. Hasnt happened since cos i keep the starter motor on a little longer to get it going. it could also be ur air meter playing up

Guest RedLineGTR

happened to me for a sec, after i went away for a week, when i started it it ran for about 1-2sec like that then back to high idle when cold. seems fine nothin wrong on mine. Dont know if you havent started it for a while, but if the car seems fine. It should be okay.

Hi,

thans guys, yeah the car is running fine now!!

but ill actually change the plugs any way. what sort of plugs should i get can you recommend some?

platinum or iridium?????

part number and price would be nice.

thanks again guys

ron