SAU Community

Defects!

NYTSKY

Anyone got a 90db high flowing exhaust???

Yes i got hks super dragger2 on mine... I got done by epa and i managed to get away with fitting a hi flo cat (i know i know but anyways), a highflow middle muffler and removing the hot dog stlye thats comes standard in the system, my car tested by epa came in at 82.3dbs which is from what they said very good.. The shop i used liverpool exhuast said that the hot dog stlye muffler is only there to increase noise emitted so changing that worked on mine.. But still to the day some coppers dont believe me that it passed epa with the super dragger rear cannon as any1 who has seen them knows they are very large :D look good on the ass off a 33 i think..

btw JAs25t i seen u at the creek last night :D i was there my mate racing his s14 he did alright cept for the crack in the exhuast manifold that happen on his 1st run and his clutch aint holding up very well by 3rd but his pb was 12.46 the black one if u seen with unqiue pro series on doors..

112db on my old audi, almost straight through, no cannons, twin oval tips...

never had any trouble from the po po :huh: but damn it sounded good!

Ahaha before epa got me 3 1/4 from turbo back just super dragger on ass sounded fat but they dont like hering my baby scream at 4800rmp

I recently switched from a cannon (no name -came with the car) to a Kakimoto Racing. Still flows well but it is much quieter. Has a very throaty sound. My motivation was to get rid of the drone. Never tested the loudness with a db meter.

You know it is JDM when the english translation on it is "Kakimoto Racing Produce"

When a copper pulls you over - show them the paperwork and that will shut him up.

Actually all that will show is that at the time of fitting the exhaust complied, anything could have changed since so they are still well within their right to defect you.

If you want a quiet exhaust get an Australian custom made exhaust rather than an off the shelf Jap exhaust.

i was told. just then by the hwy patrol.

YOUR ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. if you look dodgy or you are suspected of lying you will get done for everything.

if you come across as a nice guy who is an enthusiast. youl be ok.

I got done for "no cover on intercooler" Pod filter, exhaust too loud (He was a bit iffy, he was listening to it, and was like yeah, then he looked and he's like "nah, too big, it'll be too loud"

But he's like "You passed the attitude test, just get it all legal and you'll be sweet, heres the defect notice, but no fines or anything"

I just answered everything honestly.

And I think the only reason he asked me to open the bonnet was because I was missing two wheel nuts. He wasn't interested in anything other then a random breath test until the other officer noticed them missing... :P Ah well, that's all fixed now, just to get exhaust and what not done...

I got done for "no cover on intercooler" Pod filter, exhaust too loud (He was a bit iffy, he was listening to it, and was like yeah, then he looked and he's like "nah, too big, it'll be too loud"

But he's like "You passed the attitude test, just get it all legal and you'll be sweet, heres the defect notice, but no fines or anything"

I just answered everything honestly.

And I think the only reason he asked me to open the bonnet was because I was missing two wheel nuts. He wasn't interested in anything other then a random breath test until the other officer noticed them missing... :P Ah well, that's all fixed now, just to get exhaust and what not done...

No cover on the intercooler WTF.