SAU Community

Oh Dear...

Nima_

I may have just made a rather large mistake..I have popped a deposit on a R33 GTS-T and before doing so I asked plenty of people whether or not it is legal to drive one while on your P plates..and almost all of them have said yes..until today I spoke with a vicroads guy and he said no, and I checked out the power to weight and I think I may have made a stupid mistake..am I just worrying too much?

I live in Victoria obviously..I notice there are a few R33 GTS-T drivers on their P's, do you know if it is legal or not? I REALLY hope it is..or if there is a way around it, please let me know! (I'm really stressing, lol)

Well. Sorry if this is a waste of a post, but I am really stressing about this..wanted a skyline ever since living in Japan, hopefully this all works out.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r32 gtst only legal skyline on P-Plates.

P-Platers still drive r33's / r34's etc just take the risk of driving high powered vehicle.

Depending where you put a deposit down, i think by law there is a 3 day cooling period. So you can ask for deposit back up to 3 days after you placed on.

Thats just something i heard and could be wrong.

Or you could explain to the seller about your situation.

Cheers

Never talk to "people", 9 times outta 10 they have NFI, and as you have found, its made you deposit on a car thats illegal to drive

Its your own gamble as to wether you run the risk or not, but its getting worse and worse compared to how things were 4-5 years ago when i got into the scene.

So the chances of being picked up on it are increasing compared to 4 years ago when police really didnt even know what a turbo skyline was

Bugger..I see plenty of GTS-T P platers out on the road..I guess it's too late now to go back on it..I'll just have to keep my head down..also a letter from my employer saying that it is for work use may also get me out of it..as per the laws stated on the Vicroads site.

No, saying its "required" isnt enough.

There has to be a legit reason.

Unless it was a company car, registered to the company, there is no way your going to fudge that one.

OR, the only other way was if it was the only car your family had, and you had to drive it due to circumstance

Oh man..such a damn headache..do you really get harrassed that much? I know a few people who have them and rarely get harrassed about it..I really just want a GTS-T..

Nah it isn't my first, be my 3rd..this has me really stressed out lol..I really just don't want to have to get a GTS which won't have any value later down the track..

The person I am getting it from has a daughter and a son, they both are on their P's and one drives a R34 GT-T and another same as the one I am looking at..they said they only get pulled over once in a while and thats it.

Do the police generally pull out the High powered vehicle buisness? Keeping in mind the car looks completely stock minus a GT-R wing and no BOV or anything to make it stand out too much.

Mind you its a Skyline with a P plate so it will stand out....to a cop

How long have you got left on Ps?

Dont forget if you do get it. there is the insurence thing..

They will all cover you(take ya money) but stack it and they wont pay up coz

you were not ment to be driving it..on Ps

My r33 gts-t is going to be registered in my dad's company name.

how ever i've been driving mine everywhere for a week. on a trade plate (because it just got in from japan and isnt registered yet.) and suprisingly i havn't been pulled up yet.

and i thought a p plater in a skyline with no front number plate. would stand out badly. :s

LOL Chris...its Ferah here haha!! Dont stress, i told yaa iv had 3 of them, and am now getting my 4th car - as u no the r34, iv never gotton pulled over once, even when i stopped at the traffic lights right near the police they never even looked at me twice! If you dont want the car anymore please let me know asap, coz i do have another buyer for it...

Yeah, lol..I didn't get one bit of sleep last night all I was doing was worrying LOL, yeah I'm pretty sure it's cool and stuff..well, I hope..if not, stuff them. I want a skyline.

..I really just don't want to have to get a GTS which won't have any value later down the track..
If that's the reason for buying a car, then you shouldn't be buying it. I always buy cars because I enjoy driving them.

There are very few cars that retain their resale value. The potential resale value should be the last reason you purchase a car.

Now, go back the person you were getting it from and explain that you are not permitted, under the "high performance cars" regulations, to drive such a car - don't let him bully you with the "my son drives a 34 on his Ps" argument - and cancel the deal, quicksmart.

Its all about your driving attitude. If you are stupid and speed and go sideways on public roads you will prob get done. Heres a good example: i drive a 32 GTR and im on p's, living in melb...have been driving it for the last 6 months and havent been pulled over once, cops have followed behind me, pulled up next to me at lights; but no probs cos im not doing stupid shit.

But then you can always get the cops that will pull you over for no reason and defect you for everything...but driving a high powered vehicle is a risk and thats the bottom line, you can only help yourself by driving sensibly.

Yeah, I am going to get it, thats the bottom line, I was just spooked after I talked to the Vicroads bloke, I'll just have to drive sensible and not be rude when I do get pulled over.

LOL Chris...its Ferah here haha!! Dont stress, i told yaa iv had 3 of them, and am now getting my 4th car - as u no the r34, iv never gotton pulled over once, even when i stopped at the traffic lights right near the police they never even looked at me twice! If you dont want the car anymore please let me know asap, coz i do have another buyer for it...

i see i'm not the only 1 who uses that line...

:)

like femno said it's all about how you behave on the road it really doesn't matter what car you're driving imo.

for example, i saw a p-plater the other day in a stock looking black series2 doing a stand-still at the lights, if that's not asking for it i don't know what is.....

Edited by R-SPEC