Power Fc

tommyb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm quite interested in the Secret tweak you speak of Andy, and will be in contact in the near future about it mate.

What I'm more interested in at the moment, is whether the R34 GT T PFC will plug straight into an S1 ECU harness, and if it will actually run the S1 non NEO motor successfully.

I'm quite interested in the Secret tweak you speak of Andy, and will be in contact in the near future about it mate.

What I'm more interested in at the moment, is whether the R34 GT T PFC will plug straight into an S1 ECU harness, and if it will actually run the S1 non NEO motor successfully.

Sure it will "run" the RB25DET. But it won't have any VVT, simply put;

1. The PFC expects (talks to) an infinitely variable drive for the inlet camshaft

2. The RB25DET (non Neo) has only an on/off switch on its VVT

3. So they won't talk to each other

So my guess is everything else will work, but not the VVT. Anything that doesn't work should be easily fixed, but not the VVT. For example the ATTESSA outputs from the ECU.

Notwithstanding the auto transmission issue of course.

:huh: cheers :P

SK, is there any way to "trick" the R34 OFC to run in an on-off mode? Like maybe set the parameters to fully-switched on or fully-switched off where appropriate, instead of having values running up and down on a scale?

Oh, and should I disconnect the battery before unplugging and removing my ECU?

On the non-neo engines (on/off vvt control) it's as simple as making a small circuit that turns the vvt off at a certain rpm.

I've seen it done when the R32 ECU's were reprogrammed to be used on the R33's. The R32 ECU's didn't have any vvt control so (as I said above) a small circuit was made to switch it.

Run the car up on a dyno with the vvt off, then do another run with it on, where the two point cross is where you want it to switch. If I remember right, the vvt is ON at low rpm and then turn off at around 4500rpm ?

So I'm guessing that if the vvt issue is the only 'work around' then it'll be a piece of cake to get the R34 Gtt PFC to work on the Stagea's (if you can put up with the hard shifts).

Sorta makes me wanna buy another Stagea :) sniff sniff....

I wonder if Power FC's have an auxillary output, most aftermarket ECU's do. So when you reach a certain rev range it switches on eg: nitrous or a water spray. I imagine this could be used for the VVT.

I'm interested in this as I'm in the process of doing a manual conversion, so the auto wont be an issue for me.

bejeesus

Myself me and I, have been in a R33 with 300rwkw, automatic with MV Autos shift kit, and with Power FC.

It DOES bloody work

The gears shifted fine, whether it was city traffic driving, or spirited hills driving.

Power FC + MV Auto vale body DOES WORK for the automatics.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys I am reading all about you guys discussing if a R34 GTT APEXi power fc and be used on a Series 1 Stagea but this model of power fc has been discontinued so it is not possible to buy it now:-( And if any of you guys know of where to get 1 or have 1 yourself to sell then could you please PM me as I am looking for 1 for my R34 GTT powered R32 GTST. And also does anyone know if a R33 RB25DET power fc can be used on a R34 RB25DET NEO?? Thanks

Edited by drifta69

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've found out that the VVT on the R33 and R34 are basically the same ON/OFF, the R34 has just been improved to give a smoother transition. So this should work ok.

The other problems are that the R34 has a boost pressure sensor and the R33 doesn't, also the R34 has some sort of throttle motor on the throttle body.

The power FC could be easily fooled into thinking these were connected, but would this affect the running of the engine if it didn't get the correct signals?

• 4 weeks later...

bump to the top as im getting sick of having to scroll through the pages to find this thread. Have just put a s2 rb25det out of a 95 stagea into my cefiro and this has been useful as hell!!

• 8 months later...