SAU Community

What Do I Do If I've Lost My Lock Nut?

mr_rbman

well basically as the title says i've lost my locknut and i'm in the need for some new tires soon (good thing its not a daily driver) Its a lock nut i've never seen before so i'm not really expecting anyone to have one.

My mate has a ute with mags and lock nuts and he got tires the other day not even thinking about the locknut and he went to pick the car up and the tires were changed, it wasn't til i mentioned about how they got the wheels off that he realised he didn't even have a locknut (never got it when he bought the ute)

So do tire places have spare locknuts or what?

Any suggestions of what to do would be much appreciated!

(i've already tried putting a socket on it!)

i had this same prob when i bought my car.no lock nut key with it.and the bloke changed numbers or something and couldnt get a hold of him.. they where light as hell alloy one.tried socked but didnt work

so i took it to tyre shop and they used a even smaller socket(19mm) i think and got it of..charged me 20 bucks

that happen to me when bought my car. took it to bridgestone and they had a box of lock nuts. eventually found 1 that was close then hammered it on and tuned it. got em off but have to be careful not to grind it away otherwise wheels will neen do be cut off.

put up a pic.

theres several different ways to remove em but they all depend on the rims.

someone else might have the same type too.

Take it to a wheel/tyre shop and they'll get em off for ya. Most places have a special set of sockets called locknut breakers designed to get locknuts off. If you want, bring it to my work and I'll get em off for ya, they're a piece of piss, provided they are an external nut sorthing. Not the ones with the pattern on the inside.

I lost my key, using the locknut breakers, I had all of the locknuts off in 5mins :P

I had special lock nuts (with a rotating outer piece) on my S15 and the key got mangled - Bridgestone actualy welded/fused the spinning part to the main part of the nut then we smashed a socket over them - came off eventually

salad where are u i will get u to take my left rear off the rotor its jammed like a muther ***********

Tyrepower Campbelltown

If you need the help, PM me and I'll give you my number and then you can come in and we'll get the thing off :laugh:

i didnt have then key for my wheel nuts, and my mechanic got them off and the nuts were still useable, then shortly after the key was found lol...

theres a few lock nut manufacturers around adelaide, u can go see them and see if any of their keys fit...i tried that but mine was some wierd one...

i didnt have then key for my wheel nuts, and my mechanic got them off and the nuts were still useable, then shortly after the key was found lol...

theres a few lock nut manufacturers around adelaide, u can go see them and see if any of their keys fit...i tried that but mine was some wierd one...

Ive got a set of lock nut removers at work that shouldn't really destroy your lock nuts. So if you want come down to north tce tyres and ask for jarrod and i;ll do it. Phone number 83624417