SAU Community

R34 Gtt Stock Boost

I've never heard of this whole dual boost? :thumbsup:

asking a stupid question: do you notice the difference if you put it up to 7psi all the time? (EBC or other ways)

Edited by so_tred

It would depend on your level of mods.. if it's capable of flowing enough to make 7psi lower in the rev range, then yes - you would feel the difference. Otherwise a restrictive exhaust would probably make it impossible to make any more boost than 5psi up to 3500rpm.

edit - reports from that thread just posted say that yeah you do in fact feel the difference. I guess a thread wouldnt have been made about it otherwise :thumbsup:

asking a stupid question: do you notice the difference if you put it up to 7psi all the time? (EBC or other ways)

Yep your fuel consumption goes up :thumbsup: Well it did for me. But in terms of performance, you do notice it right off the line. It's only for a split second or so before you get over the 3500rpm line.. but you can see it more clearly on a dyno. With mine.. on the dyno you see a distinct spike with the dual stage, and it's flatter with it disabled.

so tred: I bought the $22 (cost more than that now) boost controller to achieve 7psi. I beleive the stock solanoid constantly "bleeds" some pressure out to the wastegate, so it takes a bit longer to build it up.

Using the manual "ball and spring" controller made a HUGE difference for me. No extra fuel usage, but much more stable and constant boost. I ran 7psi with a completely stock setup, and i'm now running 8psi with just a split dump and 3" cat.

It's a "must do" thing, I beleive.