SAU Community

Passenger Restriction: Have You Got One? Need Help!

imprsv

I Recently got my license back from VicRoads and they have nicely given me a passenger restriction.

Now my question is, what happens if i break this passenger restriction. I asked the lady on the phone but she seemed to just

spill out crap like she didn't know what she was talking about and she didn't look it up.

She stated to me "3 Points and a Big Fine" and i've heard its only a fine.

So does anyone know what the real story is? as i don't feel like sitting on the phone to VicRoads for another 30 minutes

- Trent

It'll be demirts i reckon (without actually checking)

everything virtually is a demirt

no p plate

speeding

etc etc. its all become so trivial that something like that would incur demirts, if not now, when the laws do thier change later this year (IIRC).

Probably best to ring up again tomorrow or something.

Or just ask to speak to someone else :nyaanyaa:

It'll be demirts i reckon (without actually checking)

everything virtually is a demirt

no p plate

speeding

etc etc. its all become so trivial that something like that would incur demirts, if not now, when the laws do thier change later this year (IIRC).

Probably best to ring up again tomorrow or something.

Or just ask to speak to someone else :nyaanyaa:

Yep, That's what i was thinking so i'm not sure ive browsed through there site but to not avail. I'll call up again tomorrow, the only thing that was making me think different is the police officer that told me its only a fine?

Any light anyone would like to shed on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

i duno how long its been goin but if u get a speeding fine within the first year of havin your ps u get passenger restrictions. Its for 1 year and only 1 passenger you are allowed to have. You have to go to vicroads and get a new licence and when its finished go bak and they issue you with another 1 that your restrictions are taking off

I heard you are allowed to carry more than one passanger if one of the passengers is an open license driver - however if none of the passengers are over 25 and fully licensed then your limit is 1.

Get used to it, they are going to make it an overall rule for ALL P Platers in the future - i personally think its for the better,

less passengers == less peer pressure == less stupid behaviour.

yep got 1 of these restrictions myself. i got it the first time i was done for speeding(license suspended for 1month).

i don't know about the consequences but like anything i think it all depends on the officer. i was once on my way to soccer and got pulled over for a "random check" i was carrying 4 passengers (with the restriction on my license), 3 dudes in the back eventhough there's only 2 seatbelts in the back. he looked around the car then let us go.

:no:

Edited by R-SPEC

yep got 1 of these restrictions myself. i got it the first time i was done for speeding(license suspended for 1month).

i don't know about the consequences but like anything i think it all depends on the officer. i was once on my way to soccer and got pulled over for a "random check" i was carrying 4 passengers (with the restriction on my license), 3 dudes in the back eventhough there's only 2 seatbelts in the back. he looked around the car then let us go.

:no:

oh no......... that means im gonna get 1 of those restrictions soon...... once i find out whats happenin with my licence anyway...

is the restriction down to u can have 1 passenger or none at all? or depends what they think ?

oh no......... that means im gonna get 1 of those restrictions soon...... once i find out whats happenin with my licence anyway...

is the restriction down to u can have 1 passenger or none at all? or depends what they think ?

not sure what you mean....?

basically if you have the restriction you're not allowed 2 carry more than 1 passenger at any time. it's actually pretty handy for when you don't wanna give certain people a lift.

mine finishes in august :no:

Edited by R-SPEC