SAU Community

L24et Build (build Complete)

the big JC

well i thought id never say this but its finally done my car is turbo yay i knocked it off in just one weekend with the the help of a few boyz from the r31club ive still got a few things i wanna do ova the next month or so e.g. cam, bigger exhaust, bigger front mount, and a bit of tuning but basicly ive been running 8psi and it dosnt ping at all i also found it will run with the N/A ecu and afm but not with the l20et throttle possition sensor i started off wid the l20et tps and the thing was hitting the rev limiter at 3000rpm and cutting the fuel after trying just about everything i decided to try the N/A tps and bingo thats what it was. Its going on the dyno this saturday just to suss out the air fuel ratio and fiddle wid the timing to hopefully allow a bit more boost.

I will get some pics up soon just got a few things to sort out and tidy up and then i will take some photos.

CONGRATUFKENLATIONS!!!

ya beat me!

hey be really carefull running the stock ecu (& dist?), it youre useing the L24e dist make sure you lock it so it doesnt up the timing as the revs go up, or you will run lean as f*k then... BOOM!

cant wait to see your pics, you got one of the neatest engine bays, should look good turboed up!

AND how does it go? what revs do you have boost come in! oh cmon more info mate!

im just waiting for some brake parts and injectors and a working ECU.... might come over for a 'visit' when its done!

thankx guys .

Im not running the L24E ecu im running the L20ET ecu and afm i just said that the L24E ones worked and ive been running 8psi and it has shown no signs of pinging as yet but its going on the dyno tomorow to suss out the air fuel ratios and fiddle with the timing.

At the moment im running 5psi cos i had an injector that was leaking externally and have had to temporarally put a n/a in its place so im getting a set of secondhand RB30E injectors as they only flow 3cc lower than the L20ET ones so it should be back up to 8psi today and possibly 10psi tomorrow.

But to whoever has concidered doing this conversion i say dont think twice about it just do it, its a awsome car to drive now.

thankx guys .

Im not running the L24E ecu im running the L20ET ecu and afm i just said that the L24E ones worked and ive been running 8psi and it has shown no signs of pinging as yet but its going on the dyno tomorow to suss out the air fuel ratios and fiddle with the timing.

At the moment im running 5psi cos i had an injector that was leaking externally and have had to temporarally put a n/a in its place so im getting a set of secondhand RB30E injectors as they only flow 3cc lower than the L20ET ones so it should be back up to 8psi today and possibly 10psi tomorrow.

But to whoever has concidered doing this conversion i say dont think twice about it just do it, its a awsome car to drive now.

Where did you get the turbo manifold and ECU from ?, Japan, New Zealand or the US ?, what was the cost may I ask ?

Nigel

any updates??? got me thinking now...as i have my car complete (L20eT) all i'll do is replace the 20 with a 24/28 and see..hmmmm

good job so far!!!

oh and with that 25turbo, did you change the manifold to suit?? it wouldn't just bolt up as the L20 had a diff bolt pattern?!

Edited by dodgsun

• 2 weeks later...
any updates??? got me thinking now...as i have my car complete (L20eT) all i'll do is replace the 20 with a 24/28 and see..hmmmm

good job so far!!!

oh and with that 25turbo, did you change the manifold to suit?? it wouldn't just bolt up as the L20 had a diff bolt pattern?!

na mate the l20et manifolds are a T3 patten so the RB25 turbo being a T3 bolted straight up

Cheers josh