SAU Community

Greddy Intercooler Kit

bsd-gtst

hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has had success fitting a GReddy intercooler kit with a type m front bar (r33),

ive been looking at the bar and it looks like a fair piece of the center section will need to be removed for the intercooler to receive enough air. (i can't recall the excact specs of the coolers size as im picking it up in a couple of days, but i know it's pretty big lol)

cheers.

Yep I've installed the Greddy FMIC into a S2 R33, you will need to cut the end of the chassis rail a little and the fins from the middle of the front bar...

Check out images, I am going to take my front bar off again and cut the bar a bit more so I can fit in some black mesh to protect and hide the IC.

oh yeah you also need to cut into the wall of the engine bay for piping. A metal hole saw does it easy I finished it off with some u channel rubber to cover the edge of the metal. And you can probably still use the stock washer bottle instead of the smaller greddy one...

Edited by 75coupe

Yep I've installed the Greddy FMIC into a S2 R33, you will need to cut the end of the chassis rail a little and the fins from the middle of the front bar...

Check out images, I am going to take my front bar off again and cut the bar a bit more so I can fit in some black mesh to protect and hide the IC.

oh yeah you also need to cut into the wall of the engine bay for piping. A metal hole saw does it easy I finished it off with some u channel rubber to cover the edge of the metal. And you can probably still use the stock washer bottle instead of the smaller greddy one...

hey 75coupe, thanks for the info, looks like a nice, snug fit.Nice rims too.

What are the dimensions of the GReddy fmic?

I have fitted a fmic, measuring 600x300x76, but did not need to tough the chasis rails; i am a little concerned that you are willing to cut into the rails :yes:

Anyway, on a S1 you will need to remove the centre part of the reo, but keep everything else (ie: top support and the actual supports that slide onto the rails). I cut out the middle part of the bar, to allow more airflow to the fmic. I then got the cut-out holes plastic welded, to make it look neat and factory, this also requires you to paint the bar.

post-1811-1168950840.jpg post-1811-1168950885.jpg post-1811-1168950903.jpg post-1811-1168950640.jpg post-1811-1168950788.jpg

"i am a little concerned that you are willing to cut into the rails"

you are only cutting a small bit off the end definitely nothing structural...

it even shows you in the greddy instructions to do it...

"i am a little concerned that you are willing to cut into the rails"

you are only cutting a small bit off the end definitely nothing structural...

it even shows you in the greddy instructions to do it...

if ur in vic and get defected...u will wish u didn't.

I have fitted the same size cooler and had to do the same as Al...he is on the money.

i dont usualy like graphics and stuff on cars but yours looks very cool i must say :(

Agreed...........:yes:

75coupe your car looks tough! Very nice package.

PS: What is the width of your rear tyres?

hmmm, well I sorta thought no one would notice the rear tyre width, i kinda digitally edited them a little larger oops maybe alittle too much but it looks cool. I only run 265s on back

All the the graphics are real though...

The piece I cut of the end of the chassis rail was like 1/2 an inch if that, tiny.... no one would even notice it... definitely not affe3ct strength as it didn't even complete the square tube if ya know what I mean

hmmm, well I sorta thought no one would notice the rear tyre width, i kinda digitally edited them a little larger oops maybe alittle too much but it looks cool. I only run 265s on back

All the the graphics are real though...

The piece I cut of the end of the chassis rail was like 1/2 an inch if that, tiny.... no one would even notice it... definitely not affe3ct strength as it didn't even complete the square tube if ya know what I mean

265 is still wide enough man. dont be shy, ur still big enough.

What about ya front blinkers, are they edited?? If not, did you do that yourself?

I have seen clear indicators around for the S2 indicators but this image has been doctored...

If you can get the fog light lens's and just replace the orange lens and use an orange globe instead.... it's just hard to locate the lens by itself... if anyone knows where to get em that would be cool...

you can always just use some tint in a can to make them different to the fogs...

Al, your rims are mint, what are they? how much they set you back? if you dont mind me askin :D

Thanks buddy!

They are cheapy rims :w00t: Lenso Muse 19 x 8, custom powder coated to the charcol colour.

Bought rims about 4+yrs ago, at that time the costed me $3600 with tyres (Hankook K104). Got a pretty good deal, considering 19's weren't as popular then as they are now.

These rims can be found for about $1200 second hand, i've seen them for sale here (sau) numerous times, so keep an eye out.

75coupe: Sorry to inadvertantly catch you out :), just looked soooo tough.

Here is a pic of my car with 335 tyres fitted, and it is not a photo chop :)

I like to call it: Tonka Spec

post-1811-1169031078.jpg post-1811-1169031003.jpg

Those rims belong to my mate's car:

post-1811-1169031179.jpg