SAU Community

S15 PB this afternoon

Nightcrawler

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe ur ecu retuned itself and undid the safc?? well i don't really know how those things work .. but it seems for me the longer i drive about without resetting the ecu... the better my economy ... i get about 480 pertank now .. and thats when the lights just start flashing so i've got at least another 50ks left ... its about the only good thing about having a stock as rock car LOL .. and thats on bp 95 premium ..

Rob,

I wonder if your oxy sensor has shat itself? A fresh set of plugs (or a clean if they're big $ plugs) is on the cards, as they'd be fouled for sure.

I'm sure Martin & the Morpowa guys will rectify the problem.

Originally posted by Nightcrawler

I believe that Hikari has 2nd Hand Power FCs for $1,100 .... I'm seriously thinking about it.

Im seriously advising people against buying 2nd hand FC's.

I've been burnt, and will share the story once it has been concluded.

Lets just say the Magistrate might be invited into a discussion I'm having with a particular shop (Not Hikari).

Dude, that sucks. Electronics usually are pretty reliable - no moving parts. Was the problem there when you bought it or did it arise down the track?

Alot of people buy second hand without dramas (including myself, got a second hand power fc), so maybe its just that if you buy second hand, either get a written guarantee, test it on the spot (doesnt take much to plug in a power fc) or make sure you get it checked out before paying. Cos its a good way to save dollars:)

I am pretty sure hikari will offer a guarantee that it works when they sell them anyways. I am getting a fuel pressure reg off him and he told me I have 30 waranty.

I've bought a second hand Blitz SBC-iD Boost controller that looked bran-new from Hikari. That was over a year maybe a year and a half ago and its still working fine.

You will always get problems here or there with items you buy be it new or second hand. Just hardley ever do you get problems with warranty. Thats when it sucks.