SAU Community

best splits

hippy

what is the best splits u can get for around 300 ... if u bargain really hard that is .. :D ... i heard these eclipse ones ... the rrp is meant to be something like 700.. i was quite impressed by those ... but they had it on special for 300 ... anything better??

Hippy,

Have you looked at boston? they are american, I am getting a pair of 6" splits FS60 for the front next week. They are around 300 at lifestyle. They kick ass over all the jap brands.

eclipse is jap?. anyways have k6.5 series kickers. one word - awesome. rrp for 700, anyone with half a brain can tell you thats a bargain. where are they on special, do you see any subs on special.

lol nozila .. i went to tonkins .. u really lookin for a sub .. just wait around and keep an eye out .. its always on sale now and then .. thats the pioneer one ... for maybe 130 or so with the box at auto bahn .. my mates got them .. they are ok .. how good are those boston ones .. i know boston might be considered the best ... but that would also not be the highest range stuff if its only 300 ... how do they compare to them kickers?? where are all u audiophiles that usually lurk around here?? anyways after i chose one of these things i plan to be running an eclispe amp so should be kick ass!!! i gotta get a listen to ur car noz ... maybe this sunday :D

Originally posted by hippy

do u know any place where i can get a listen of these kicker splits or boston or mbquart splits??

i think that speakers will always sound different in a showroom as it would in a car enviroment. kickers can be heard on sunday if you see me :O . btw its amped so that may sound different but isnt sound deadened. also if you intend to run of your h/u which i think isnt a good idea in the first place.

another thing, i dont think boston and mb quartz are avaliable locally in adelaide. tonkins is biased in what products they offer i found out.

Hi Hippy,

Can you please tell me, where did you see these eclipse for 300?? I've been looking for a set for months to go with my eclipse amp. Can you please advise so taht i may reserve one?

The down side is that I'm in Melb, hmm, still.............

sounds like this is a rather useless thread as people are talking about "where can i get that at that price" when we're all interstate here.. and stockists and pricing varies all over the country.

Alpine Type-R splits are in around that price bracket as well.

Infinity kappa perfectT 6" splits, if you want to spend the cash, the tweeter's alone are 400w (100wrms) each, now thats impressive. i have them and they are VERY VERY LOUD, suggest not turning these up to loud as the tweeter's reach some really high pitch sound and can heart your ears.