SAU Community

Holden Ve Commodore Wheels Car Of The Year !

And Wheels awards the entire range, not just one model.

Like when the Impreza won, it wasn't just because of the outright pace of the WRX......it was also because the GX and RX were such solid cars for the money.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name one car Nissan has released in australia that is worthy of coty?

Nissan 350Z

Unless you need a backseat, the 350Z is easily better than COTY Mazda RX8

The main reasons the RX8 won was because it had those novelty suicide rear doors and also because it was a rotary.

Nissan 350Z

Unless you need a backseat, the 350Z is easily better than COTY Mazda RX8

That's what makes it worse as COTY. The 350Z shits all over the RX8 for PCOTY, but when you have to consider the car as a practical conveyance the 350Z just falls down. No rear seating, shithouse boot, bad rear visibility......

Name one car Nissan has released in australia that is worthy of coty?

Aussie R31 Skyline

comparing the build quality to the VL and XF of the time from working on all cars, and driving the skyline and commodore alot it deserved to be right up there.

I don't read wheels anymore, do you know why? the VE commodore.

They had so much coverage in wheels, full articles with build processes, rant reviews of every car, numerous pages of comendation, a entire wheels magazine and poster devoted to the VE besides from the actual Wheels issue which came out with the VE's release

Holden has payed alot of money to wheels methinks.. no other car mag has that much coverage.. not surprised it won

That's what makes it worse as COTY. The 350Z shits all over the RX8 for PCOTY, but when you have to consider the car as a practical conveyance the 350Z just falls down. No rear seating, shithouse boot, bad rear visibility......

Mazda MX-5 (NC) won the last one.

It's even more impractical than the 350Z!

Why the bloody VE commodore, i recon the toyota aurion is better in most ways for one its faster and wastes less fuel it also looks better (to mee) and is probably as roomy as or close to as roomy as the commodore.

Mazda MX-5 (NC) won the last one.

It's even more impractical than the 350Z!

That is true.

Those Wheels knobs are just Nissan haters. Being in the pocket of Holden (who are probably still smarting from the Group A days) they paid Wheels to give the award to Mazda because they couldn't turn out a new Commodore in time.

I don't read wheels anymore, do you know why? the VE commodore.

They had so much coverage in wheels, full articles with build processes, rant reviews of every car, numerous pages of comendation, a entire wheels magazine and poster devoted to the VE besides from the actual Wheels issue which came out with the VE's release

Holden has payed alot of money to wheels methinks.. no other car mag has that much coverage.. not surprised it won

Of course wheels is going to give Holdens/Fords alot of exposure... They are built and made in Australia, and the magazine is written for Aussies. Holden/Ford are household family names, and very popular cars... so why wouldnt they write about them? Instead of everyone focusing on the negatives of the new Holden, at least admit they have leaped ahead in terms of the old Holdens compared to the new. Obviously you are going to get plenty of haters on a site like this, but your making it out to be the worse car in the world..

Winners are grinners = more sales for Holden.

funny thing is its not sellin well at the moment

with all the waranty work (or fixing the cock up from the production line) on the ve it wont sell very well ,why holdens build quallity is shit

if only ppl knew the problems these shitters had than u wouldnt touch them with a barge pole

And thats why we don't listen to idiots like you.

There are plenty of worse cars out there then the VE.

Hey mate don't call me an idiot. I guess you don't tend to spot sarcasm very well. Every man is entitled to their opinion! :thumbsup: I have not insulted you have I.

Paradizzle my point is no car/company has ever had that much exposure from wheels before, probably not from any magazine ever lol. I would love a new SS, they look so phat, i'm not anti holden, and im not exactly pro import either, got a skyline coz its the fastest thing i can drive on my p's.. But yeh, wheels went so overboard and it pee'd me off. i get a free subscription with work and now i hardly peruse the magazines, normally only read the letters page, which were for a while packed with complaints in regard to over-coverage of the VE