SAU Community

Possible Fundraiser

makaveli

Hi Guy's,

I have recently found out that one of my close mates has cancer. Today I have come up with and idea that could be great for Skylines Australia, which will give the public a vision that we are not all hulligans.

My idea for the fundraiser could include a sausage sizzle with can's of drink and the public can get up close to the skylines and any other nice cars that wish to come along, the more the merry'r.

I have yet to call the council about this idea, I would just like to hear what you guy's think about the issue, and please feel free to give any ideas and suggestions....

I'd like to then give 50% of the $$$ to a cancer foundation and the other 50% to my mates family.

Thanks

Mark

:P

sounds good to me, all we need is afew definite guys to show up, like jamezilla, ylwgtr, and bigpsi and a few more with mad as cars like those to draw the crowds, make some good tucker and it would work

Sounds like a good idea. $10 entry or something? would that cover everything adequately. Could even get a sponsor or two to donate food or drinks or something?

(my car is pretty boring so I'll have to do circus tricks to entertain the masses.. either that or some burnouts :P )

whassup gordo, ur a good man, i know u'll entertain.

I can imagine some of the tricks you would do.

thanks all for the input so far, please keep the ideas and suggestions coming so we can all agree to a fun day out!!!!

:uh-huh:

Damn good idea, shame I'm too far away otherwise I'd be in it for sure.

Just as a thought, I'm note sure how serious SAU wants to get with things like this (fund raising etc.) But if you've got plenty of cars entering sometimes the local TV stations have a small segmant (30sec - 1 min) where they advertise non profit org's and fund raising events.

Doesn't cost anything, you just need to give at least 2 weeks notice (and maybe a bit of sweet talking :( ).

I think the Sydney people have Tim the weather man that does it, and us Canberra people have the Community File on Ten.

Like I said, just a thought cause I personaly think supporting organisations like the Cancer Foundation is an great idea.

Cheers

Jayson

Originally posted by predator666

Sounds like a good idea. $10 entry or something? would that cover everything adequately. Could even get a sponsor or two to donate food or drinks or something?  

(my car is pretty boring so I'll have to do circus tricks to entertain the masses.. either that or some burnouts :( )

lol, if you guys want entertainment, Ill just drink a bottle of tequilla and let my charming personality go on a rampage

lol@inark,

i think it is time for the video ofhorus bowling to be circulated like a cheap pron video.............muhahahahahah

oh and about the fundraiser i would be there for sure......

Steve

watch horus bowl: LOL classic! hehehehe.. I'd pay to see that again!

If something like this was to go ahead, it will require a fair bit of planning and organisation but I think it will work well both as a fundraiser, raising the profile of SAU as a good bunch of people, and good day out. Some sort of venue needs to be organised, some form of advertising or word out there has to be done, and even some possible sponsorship if it can be arranged.

I think it would have merit with other imports in there as well, to give both more interest than just Skylines and get a few more people involved than just us.

Hey... If i had some notice i coulld organise for some members of my car club to be there... plus I can advertise a bit if you'd like?

Would just need some more information....

And maybe I could get our clubs main sponsor (Go Fast Bits) to maybe supply some stuff?

But some info is needed :D

Cheers!

Hey, Makaveli that is a really good idea man, I have a cousin that is just getting over the horrible shit. He lived in the country and had to travel down to melb every so often for tests and shit. Now he is left with a scar in the middle of his back and will have that for the rest of his life. I have known some great guys, well kids anyways, who have passed on due to cancer. If I can help at all, lemme know mate.

Dave

R.I.P

Ben, Stuart and Gary

Hey guys its great to hear such great enthusiasm and ideas, keep em coming.

I think a day set for cars and food will attrack many people.

Here are some of my ideas so far:

-Could be $5 per head and $2 for kids under 15.

-Hot Dogs and cans of soft drink can be sold.

-Maybe ask companies like Auto Barn to sponsor the event with prizes which can later be drawn in a raffel.

-Make and distribute leaflets giving details of the event

-Get friends to tell their friends and their friends will tell their friends etc...

-I'll get it posted in my mates newsletter at his school.

-Will have to get food and drink etc, hopefully donated.

-Find the best location for the event.

-Get as many cars as possible from lines to supra's to anything sweet that locals will enjoy a peep at.

In the coming week or so im gona talk to the council for advice and further ideas.

:D

Peace

thats a great idea man..as you all know my dad died from cancer related death 2 weeks ago...a suggestion that...whatever stuff that is bought etc.. for the day ie:sausages,drinks etc....when sold, whatever profit is made gets 100% donated to anti cancer council, i am sure that the council will make an appearance or make themselves known,

j-spec was interested in gettin involved in stuff like that... basically they sed they'd support by providing food and drinks, in exchange for a good word... contact em if you want a sponsor.

I'll try to convince em to bring their authentic R33 Kakimoto widebody along too for people to drool over.

Oh and I'll provide the world's slowest skyline :O