SAU Community

GTR Coil Overs, What would you get?

The time has come to upgrade from the standard suspension on my 32 gtr, I want a sensible package that I can use on the street and the track.

I've used DMS before on another car with reasonable results, Every car I've riden in with Japanese coilovers has been to firm, to firm to soke up the bumps on any back roads I feel.

Does anyone know the cost of the 40mm DMS? short of calling them.

Who else knows GTR's, Quadrant?

....and what are whiteline doing? I thought they were re selling DMS but I've been told they're not anymore?? Is there something I should know about?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'll most probably use whiteline for the rest of the gear and have it fitted locally.

Cheers

Simmo

Originally posted by skyline33

... the best ones for our conditions are the HKS ones (Hyper-D).  they are expensive but they are one of the best.

I take issue with that. I have HKS hypers in my car and they handle but are too stiff. I am about to go fully soft (12 levels of adjust).

If I had unlimited money it would be Teins coils with the ****pit electric control box... 16 levels of adjustment... ON THE FLY!

Fully bro...

T.

I've got Bilsteins in my R34 & my R33. Awesome providing they are valved correctly for your application & the car is cornerweighted & set up well.

I've got Whiteline coilovers with 50mm DMS shocks on all the softest settings, they are great on the track and on smooth roads but too hard for country roads and I spend a lot of time on them. They handle fine but the ride is just too rough

DMS is about $3800 (50 mm) this does not include pilowball tops. Most of the jap stuff like Jic magic is about $3500 including tops. DMS will work out about $1000 more! I will have a locally manufactured product which has its advantages. I'm positive DMS can provide custom spring rates also.

Any comments? :S

Ta

Simmo

Simmo: I agree, I would go 50mm rather than 40mm if you'r going to do any track work, also I think the pillowtops are essential. As I said the ride is a bit rough for me on rough roads and I spend a lot of time on them.

However you can swap the complete suspension over in about an hour so I am using stock suspension with Whiteline sway bars and I swap the suspension over for track days or sometimes just for a change.

• 4 weeks later...