SAU Community

Mobile Phone's And Plans

saff_cossie

Dave - So from what you saying, the cap can be exceeded? I thought a cap was exactly that?

It depends whether you have a soft cap or a hard cap. A soft cap will allow you to go over the cap limit and you then pay for each call as per the call rate charges of the cap plan. A hard cap will allow a certain amount over the cap limit and then calling out will be barred. If you are going for a cap plan, make sure it is a soft cap (most of them are)

I am on a $59 optus cap which gives me $350 of credit...and a dopod 838 (which is same as the i-mate jasjam)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

working for telstra i can tell u they are the best. they may not have the cheapest plans out but if u bundle it with your homephone u reep massive benefits.....and the best thing is...when u take up any business plans....all call rates are 11cents for 30 seconds.......try beat that!! and all u need is a ABN....u could even use Telstras which can be found on google :(

i wont even mention how Next G is gonna destroy all other competitors........and i wonder how everyone is gonna cope with CDMA when it gets phased out....they all gonna have to turn to telstra.....and dont worry if ur on CDMA with telstra we are upgrading everyone to the Next G network with a brand new phone for FREE!

Edited by anDru

working for telstra i can tell u they are the best. they may not have the cheapest plans out but if u bundle it with your homephone u reep massive benefits.....and the best thing is...when u take up any business plans....all call rates are 11cents for 30 seconds.......try beat that!! and all u need is a ABN....u could even use Telstras which can be found on google :huh:

i wont even mention how Next G is gonna destroy all other competitors........and i wonder how everyone is gonna cope with CDMA when it gets phased out....they all gonna have to turn to telstra.....and dont worry if ur on CDMA with telstra we are upgrading everyone to the Next G network with a brand new phone for FREE!

word!

which department are you at?

Thanks for all the info guys and the links too. Time to make a decision on it. Optus has the blackberry on a good plan that I like. Telstra has the coverage and the history and Vodafone also has some good deals.

Cheers all :huh:

working for telstra i can tell u they are the best. they may not have the cheapest plans out but if u bundle it with your homephone u reep massive benefits.....and the best thing is...when u take up any business plans....all call rates are 11cents for 30 seconds.......try beat that!! and all u need is a ABN....u could even use Telstras which can be found on google :mellow:

lol dont get too excited. Optus has got some awesome stuff in their pipeline, when that is released it'll be just as good as Telstra's service.

3G is way overdue as it is. Some one needs to crack the whip cause it should have been done by now.

But yeah once Telstra goes 3G, everyone else is fcuked

lol dont get too excited. Optus has got some awesome stuff in their pipeline, when that is released it'll be just as good as Telstra's service.

3G is way overdue as it is. Some one needs to crack the whip cause it should have been done by now.

whats Optus got cummin up? im pretty well imformed when it comes to Optus/Telstra how come i havnt heard anything :S

no it wont. optus is going"sole" in their 3G coverage in some up-coming areas (ie. pissing off Voda). it wont be of any competition to telstra's NextG network.

telstra has gone 3G for quite a sometime now.... yes, both WCDMA2100 and WCDMA850

no it wont. optus is going"sole" in their 3G coverage in some up-coming areas (ie. pissing off Voda). it wont be of any competition to telstra's NextG network.

telstra has gone 3G for quite a sometime now.... yes, both WCDMA2100 and WCDMA850

where is telstra WCDMA2100?

Optus is 2100 and so is Hutch. Telstra were the only ones to go 850...make that the world, (expcet one carrier in the US)

I wasnt aware of any 2100 real deplyments by Telstra. I'm intrested as it relates to somthing I'm working on over the next few months.

where is telstra WCDMA2100?

Optus is 2100 and so is Hutch. Telstra were the only ones to go 850...make that the world, (expcet one carrier in the US)

I wasnt aware of any 2100 real deplyments by Telstra. I'm intrested as it relates to somthing I'm working on over the next few months.

telstra is the half owner of the hutch 3G network at the moment (joint partnership). telstra is currently budiling the 3G network for Hutch nation-wide. when there is no hutch 3G coverage, you get put on telstra GSM900 network.

optus and voda is the other partnership in the other WCDMA2100 world.

what will you be doing over the next few months?

telstra is the half owner of the hutch 3G network at the moment (joint partnership). telstra is currently budiling the 3G network for Hutch nation-wide. when there is no hutch 3G coverage, you get put on telstra GSM900 network.

optus and voda is the other partnership in the other WCDMA2100 world.

what will you be doing over the next few months?

not sure will contact my hutch guys and talk with telstra later.

I'm doing stuff which I cant talk about, sorry mate.

• 3 months later...
I've got some Nokia thing that bounces when you drop it (tried and true) on a $0 a month plan courtesy of work :teehee:

Hope I was of help Saff :D

Check the thread date! :laughing-smiley-014: