SAU Community

R34 non-turbo price?

I appreciate you guys telling me what you think. I really need help because i don't know whether I'm being ripped off, reason being that i don't have alot of spare money lying around.

I thought that the price was an alright price seeing as though I've seen turbo ones for around 35-39k

The guy's telling me selling it for $28,750 they won't make much money from it cos they bought the car for 26-27k? and putting the kit on cost around 2k... The car's got full c-west body kit. But i think the price they got it for would be less than that?

Also, he rang me the other day telling me there were people looking at the car and whether i was still interested, if so i needed to make a deposit. And that there was this guy who kept bugging him about the car, but he kept saying he was waiting for me to make a decision. I told him I've only got 27k and it'll take me a little longer to get the rest, but he's saying that i can pay what i have, drive away with the car and pay the rest later. Problem is I'm doubting what they say is true, perhaps trying to make me rush?

I would much prefer a turbo one, but I'm thinking running costs and insurance would be cheaper, hopefully?

hehe - Sounds like the car dealer is using one of the oldest tricks in the book - the "You'd better hurry up because someone else is reeeeally interested" Don't let anyone rush you into it. By my reckoning, you should be able to get an R34 NA for the mid-high 20's.

Never believe a car salesman...

Guest neoGT-25

mine was $31,500 last August, it is kinda dodgey tho (accident damage) but it came with 18" rims, pod filter and lowerd/hardened king springs...

after we bought it we found out the crossmember was bent and needed to get it repaired ($1400 or so) and the place we got it checked out wouldent pay up (forgot there names)

oh and dont buy were we bought from... lots of dodgey storys... (PM me and ill tell you who)

look around BUT make sure you get it checked out by someone non bullsh|t... my 2c :)

ciao... and happy hunting :D

yeah man .. don't rush it ... take ur time .. have a look at more cars ... as u know .. r34 will be getting more and more common since they are starting to get old .. 4 years ... so the price will go down steadily now .. and if u dont' get this one that u like .. beleive me ... in the next couple of weeks .. there will be 10 more imported for u to see .. good luck ;)

thanks for the inputs... really appreciated, i got it down to 28k

and hopefully he'll drop a few more hundred :)

does anyone know if whether i want to put a turbo in at a later stage, or if i want to make it somewhat a 'gtt' whether is it possible to do so?

if u are going to want a turbo later on ... better to get it right now cause i'm sure the total cost will be much more than if u get a turbo in the first place .. plus all the hassles of getting the turbo in ... if u really want a 34 gtt and can't afford it .. well maybe u can buy a cheap car now ... save up a bit more and then go for the gtt ?? thats just what i would do ... its up to u of course :P

Guest neoGT-25

hey gt34, theres a few GTT's on carsale for around $33,000 i wish they were that cheap when i bought my car :D im thinking about selling my GT and getting a GTT but i HATE insurence companys :):(:) they ruin everthing

I tried about 10 tanks of PULP and then used a few tanks of normal ULP and there was no noticable difference - bth to power and fuel economy. On average (combined cycle), I use about 10.5L/100km but on the highway, it can drop to 9.5L/100km

I'm using PULP....but always have even in my 86 Twincam corolla.

I've got an auto, always have the A/C running and average 9.1L/100Kms ALL the time...I spend a good 80% of my time in city traffic.

The 34's are meant to have quite an economical auto set-up though.

i use premium unleader 95RON

i use 98RON occasionally, but i dont drive that much, so i think its a bit of a waste, since the octane value decreses with time.

a full tank would last me over a week so yeh. I find using normal inleaded, the fuel drops down faster and im a bit paranoid about driving it hard with using ULP

• 4 weeks later...