SAU Community

Aftermarket Seats

sky_hi

hi everyone. tried searching this but no luck.

just wondering if there are any complications with aftermarket seats in a r33 gtst. im looking at either bride, sparco or recaro. havnt decided yet. also does anyone know of a good place to purchase these items with seat rails also. or can u usually mod the standard rails. obviously the seat needs to be secure or the cops wont like it but does anyone usually get defected for it.

cheers guys.

is there somewhere that tells you all the seats that are ADR approved. how will a policeman know if they are adr approved? are seats like sparco, bride, recaro all approved? im looking at reclinable as well.

Cheers

Most bride seats are ADR approved, some are even FIAT approved. Ask for the ADR approval paperwork when ordering.

This is only my thoughts, but think about how the seat will react in a crash. As I would like to have something that will not buckle and causing trauma injuries just so that I can have the look of the real thing. Skimping on some things when building your car will not be a problem, however do not compromise your safety for the sake of looks.

Hi,

I purchased some aftermarket, non-reclinable seats and i was unable to put them in due to my Skyline being a 2 door car. The cope told me that if i were to have a crash the people in the back couldnt get out. so make sure you dont go and waste your money by making the same mistake. i ended up selling them for more anyway :P . Ebay has a great variety of reclinable racing seats, im sure the seller would be able to supply the CAD approval etc. however it all depends on the cash limit, and what quality you want.