SAU Community

What To Do With The 20 Grand

sam5709

what to do with the 20 grand  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yer house prices have gone up in the last 3-4 years its pretty bad but the house my parents help me get was $168,000 now if i were to sell it i will get about the $410,000 mark for it so its paid for itself. rents not bad aswell its about 250 a week aswell so the rent pays for the loan but when something goes wrong like, hot water system breaks, aircon breaks etc etc i gotta pay out of my pocket so you always need extra cash stashed aside for these scenarios

with a 20k deposit now you will get some sort of 1/2 bedroom apart but rent will be cheap as and you will have to chip in extra to pay for the loan so it doesnt really work out these days now its shit

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta look around. We paid 360k for a house and block up in the hills. Which is in a residential area mind you. The block is big enough to accomidate two houses and will be going under development soon so ive heard. But just to let you know that in the past 3 months to value has increased by 30k i think. No bad and considering if we build another house and split the block the return would give us a huge increase over the original estimate. But yer i guess if your not working then its not a good idea unless your olds help ya ass out big time lol Id say shares would be the best bet :domokun: good luck with your decision buddy!

many peole have been saying shares and i have been thinking about getting into shares recently but have no idea where to start anyone got any good tips or sites that can help me and a few others on here out

sauwa to be millionares by 09!!!!! :glare:

Edited by skylineracer1

ok so heres were im at soo far, iv thought about the decision carefully.

1. i am actually going to spend some money (3-4k maximum probably less) on a r34 front end conversion for my r33 to make is a r33.4,

2. rest of it is going in for investing,

3. not going to invest in a house as i wont be in the position to keep up with repayments

4. im going to tafe to start making something of my life

yep its has been done before, URAS sells r33.4 fenders, that look like r34 fenders but bolt straight up to r33's, headlight literally bolt on, bonnet needs modified latches and front bar will need mods as any front bar does any way.

i dont want my car to look like every other s2 r33 out there, i mean how many r33.4's have you seen in perth :dry:

ok so heres were im at soo far, iv thought about the decision carefully.

1. i am actually going to spend some money (3-4k maximum probably less) on a r34 front end conversion for my r33 to make is a r33.4,

2. rest of it is going in for investing,

3. not going to invest in a house as i wont be in the position to keep up with repayments

4. im going to tafe to start making something of my life

1 is not a great idea , your not going to get any more money for you car with it its still just a 33 maybe a tiny bit

sell it and get a 34 , atleast then it holds its value as a real r34 not a kitted 33

Would be interesting to see if it actaully turns out as 3-4k not 5-6k in the end after youve done a few extra bits that always turn up.

Just quietly i dont see the point in making a frankensteins monster but thats just me.

D3vlish would look could with a r33.4, whereas Sams wouldnt

its all about the paint n rims n shit

plus d3vlish is a chicks car, so its always better

lol coming from someone who drives a chicks car :happy: lol jks :dry:

oh and sorry to Kat i didnt even know she was doing this modification :( i got the idea from a thread in the "cosmetics" section of SAU

thanks for the suggestions but its definatly what i want, i dont care about the value of the car etc as its looks like ill be keeping the car quit a while,

i probably wont be really dipping into inheritance money as i think i can get the stuff way before then, even though its seems i dont work i havnt really spent any money from when i did start so have some money saved, going to be ordering the fenders next week from uras, all painting fitting is practically free for me cos my good mate does it, down side is it can only be worked on, on the weekends,

it probably will cost more especially now because im going to be going for a cf bonnet and some sort of after market front bar which will cost more,

my biggest problem i see is going to be the bonnet latches

invest in japanese property....supposedly on the rise, and its going to be 4 or 5 times within the next 4 years or so.....thats what i heard from my boss - will post more when i go to the meeting when the guy comes down to talk to us.

www.drapac.com.au

invest in japanese property....supposedly on the rise, and its going to be 4 or 5 times within the next 4 years or so.....thats what i heard from my boss - will post more when i go to the meeting when the guy comes down to talk to us.

www.drapac.com.au

^^^based on that information you cant possibly go wrong :dry:

Hey Sam, just to let you know it's not 3k hey. Depending what kit and stuff you go with, its like 6k... then you gotta paint it :(

And don't you "hi kat" me dan!

342Four... thanks for the comments champ! :(

Um, then you will be the second R33.4 cruising around....

My gf's going to kill you for stealing her idea! (she's already started her r34 front conversion!)

then she stolden my idea.... i have had this idea now for about 3years :(

ps sam! get into option shares! trading

yeh spot on, the quote i got was using second r34 parts, but i dont mind 6 is what i thought it would be any way, and having the painting done for free is also a help,

no doubt it will look way better on either kat's or mikey's car but meh im slowly building mine hehe