SAU Community

Cops In Imports

AzzurrA

I was walking along High Street in Toowong this afternoon on my lunch break around 4:15pm, when i spotted a nice, clean looking 98 or 99 model WRX, with some larger 5-spoke rims (probably 17's or 18's) sitting a the traffic lights with a White Series II R33, with a big "X-Cars" Sticker on the lefthand rear 1/4 (couldn't see if there was one on the other side as well) behind it.

the WRX got halfway through the intersection (going straight ahead), and then decided to change its mind where it was going and turned left sharply (holding up traffic) - i thought this was a bit weird so i looked closer - there were 2 uniformed officers in the car (one male and one female) - i walked up next to the R33 to warn him and looked in - uniformed officer in that too!

now, i don't know if they are their personal cars, or if they are new undercover cars, but now you guys and girls have to be doubly careful who you give it a squirt around!

P.S. the WRX had a rather loud ATMO BOV - maybe i should have given him a citizens defect notice? :ermm:

there are a few around townesville apparently

thta;s what i hear on the forums up here

1 x white S15!!!!!!!

1 x silver WRX

not good.

none in cairns as far as I know...

only that XR6 typhoon cop car

from w hat i was told by a copper. they cannot have any grey import.

they have to have a locally produced car.

it is allowed to be modified. however must be compliant with adrs. so if it had an atmo bov and you got fined for this, maybe get some proof and go to court :s

There is an officer at Bondall with a supercharged GT-P Falcon...

Its damn sweet car, pitty it cost more than 80k... I think ford hit the button with Brembos and a chunky V8 in the same package...

But to then turn around and modify the 290kw Boss motor with a factory warranty into a 450rwkw monter is a whole nother thing... :laugh:

Also I can confirm a uniformed police officer in a STI and another in an R32 GTR...

Remember they are people too, and there would be a few with similar tastes to the general public when it comes to cars...

I know if i were a cop id still be driving a skyline...

May want to reference the "Official cop car registar" also, as it needs an update on this information...

heads up to anyone on logan road opp gardencity Queensland transport and POlice have a major defect station set up , i was pulled over , couldnt defect anything not even my atmo hks bov or exposed pod !!!... although one officer asked where do us boys get money from ..which i thought was a bit too personal

Cop Car Plates to watch out for in mt gravvatt area RYN24 silver holden SS undercover car

Edited by 53XYN

I can tell you now they do own import cars it just depends what department of the police force that own them. Having a contact in QLD transport I can definatly say that thre is at least 2 300zx's that are registered for police use.

Thats New defect station at Mount Gravatt havent heard that before at all, and the Plates are RYN22 i think, thats always the common UC cop going around they tour Mt. Gravatt to Sunnybank and along kessels, Lovely pitty the computer screen on the passenger side just always says cop all over it

on a funny police related matter, i was driving out of the valley across the bridge after picking up a freind , when i saw a cop car on the side road just as you come onto the bridge. anyway he signal'd with a directional light for a guy in a vy como to pull over. the guy hesitated and fled. haha i was in histerics watching them drop their pots of coffee and doughnut buckets trying to frantically wattle back to their squad car to call it in. hahaha. poor fellas.

on a serious police related matter, im pretty shure we have a big drug problem to deal with, oh yea and like a few of the servo's around my area get robbed fairly often. one of them a couple of times in the last few months. and there was that attacker person, that like attacked 40+ people over brisbane. and they haven't caught him. funny story about that. i was on my way home past cooparoo, when i heard on the radio that there was another attack just near the road i was going down. anyway i go past and see about 4 cop cars. so i think oh nice, theyre actually doing somthing useful. i get closer and a whole cluster of cops are sitting there traffic fishing with their radars instead of doing somthing important.

i dont have anything against police, all the ones ive come across are champs, but theyre being used to raise revenue and its just getting too apparent now. i mean c'mon. getting imports, enticing people to race and risk their lives just to fine them. thats entrapment and is illegal in other countries because it has killed people. but i guess thats how it works around here. legislation only changes, roads only get fixed if they are considered a problem, and the only time it becomes a problem is when someone dies.

if a young kid in a fast car, is lured by a cop to race thinking its another car and crashes. in that particular instance the cop is directly involved in the incident. if normal people race and one party crashes and causes damage or death, from what i understand both parties are held equally accountable. wouldn't this have any bearing on whoevers' bright idea it was to have undercover street racers in the first place?

and how can they preach road saftey and in the same breath use speed and danger as a weapon against motorists. using these tactics is somthing akin to using snitches or setup drug deals to take down real criminals. and theyre using it on us! its completely apparent that they have an inflated buget (see: expensive undercover import cars) and are bored (see: drug problem, increase in violence in the city and valley). now if only they used their money on more useful things, employ their tactics on criminals and not the public, this might just be a better place to live.

what would actually happen if a u/c police car initiated a race with a person which resulted in a fatality?

eeee, that was a bit of a rant towards the end. sorry Y_Y.

Are you sure he was off duty ? i thought you cant be booked or anything if your off duty ?

from what i understand to give you a ticket for anything, unless they are undercover, they have to be in full uniform - right down to wearing a their hat.

yeah i have only dealt with one rude cop, and he was a old fool who can not tell the difference between L and P plates.

but normally they are all very nice.

i know a cop who owns a modified R34 GTR....but he does not go on the street very much.