SAU Community

Have You Upgraded To A R34 From A R33?

hmmm, after reading this thread , im almost tempted to go drive a 34. i own a 33 s2 4door gtst and i thought it was quite nimble (it has modified suspension). i do find it a but gutless (160odd rwk with an exhaust). ive driven a s1 and to me it felt 1/2 as good to drive. im very interested to hear more :)

Everyone on here will have a different opinion..best way is to go test drive one urself :(

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, after reading this thread , im almost tempted to go drive a 34. i own a 33 s2 4door gtst and i thought it was quite nimble (it has modified suspension). i do find it a but gutless (160odd rwk with an exhaust). ive driven a s1 and to me it felt 1/2 as good to drive. im very interested to hear more :P

ive done the upgrade, it takes alittle getting used to but it is indeed a more refined car over all to drive.

The suspension has been upgraded , as well as turbo and kw. im enjoying the drive apart from the interior is my only down side. Investing in leather trim and seats and problem easily fixed with a smile added to to style!

Of course the 34 owners are going to say its an upgrade...

I personally prefer the looks of the 33 (series 2).. the 34 just doesnt do "it" for me..

However every time i look at my 33 i almost mess myself

The 34 was my long term upgrade goal.. but after seeing countless "ugly" ones im no longer interested.. although wouldnt refuse a 34GTR

As mentioned before by sydneykid, it's got about 5 years of technical improvements over the 33, so it's obviously going to be a better car or else nissan's doing something terribly wrong. According to the official nissan brochure, the 34GTT puts out as much power as the original 32 GTR, and has more chassis rigidity than a 33 GTR... remember that's just the R34GTT not the R34GTR. Not to mention better power delivery, traction control, factory xenon headlights, better seats... you can't really argue that the 33's the better car. But you could say you'd save about 10k buying a 33, and spend the difference in mods to get a quicker car.. or something like that.

Ive owned 32 gtst, 33 gtst and now 34 gtt, so that doesn't apply to me.

My preference goes 34 gt-t, 32 gtst and then 33 gtst.

I do agree you can save yourself alot of money and mod the 33 or have a stock 34... but in the long term the 34 is a much better option. Just don't get a friggen 4 door i hate those things lmao *no offense indended to 4 door owners*

some really helpful info!! cheers everyone..

Guess i will have to go test drive both cars..

But this will come down to money in the end.. Something i dont have atm, so will have to see in a few months time!!

Thanks all

dont own, but have driven both, R34 GTt no question, its a much newer car, you cant beat that, and with the gap in price less than ever, definately worth going for

I personally prefer the looks of the 33 (series 2).. the 34 just doesnt do "it" for me..

However every time i look at my 33 i almost mess myself

The 34 was my long term upgrade goal.. but after seeing countless "ugly" ones im no longer interested.. although wouldnt refuse a 34GTR

You are in denial. seek treatment.

You are in denial. seek treatment.

nope its called choice... its this wonderful thing that allows us to have differing opinions..

how boring this world would be if we all loved the same thing..

I didnt say the 34 wasn't a newer/fresher/better car.. its purely asthetics for me..

I Prefer the look of the R33 (s2) over the R34..

same way i prefer the look of a VE SS over a XR6... even though im a ford man

As mentioned before by sydneykid, it's got about 5 years of technical improvements over the 33, so it's obviously going to be a better car or else nissan's doing something terribly wrong. According to the official nissan brochure, the 34GTT puts out as much power as the original 32 GTR, and has more chassis rigidity than a 33 GTR... remember that's just the R34GTT not the R34GTR. Not to mention better power delivery, traction control, factory xenon headlights, better seats... you can't really argue that the 33's the better car. But you could say you'd save about 10k buying a 33, and spend the difference in mods to get a quicker car.. or something like that.

Going by that theory, how come people keep arguing that old 32s are better than 33s?

Cheers

Chris

Going by that theory, how come people keep arguing that old 32s are better than 33s?

Cheers

Chris

People argue that Honda Civics are better than R32s as well...doesn't mean they are right?

Driven the 34 gtt and 33 gts-t own a 33 GTR

34 did seem a much better package and more modern, everything felt more refined than the 33 GTS-T's I've driven. However the extra power, traction and cornering ability of the stock 33 GT-R moved me to it. You pay more for a GT-R but it is a jap "super" car, a gts-t is mearly a fun car in comparison. If you are seriously modding then things might be different.

There are numerous r33 Gts-t's Doing 10's without stroker kits or nos.... I mean how much further do you want to go for a street car? Having gone from a R33 gtst 4 door manual to a R33 gtr then back to my current R33 gtst i have no regrets... you dont need a gtr to get great power and great times. but i do agree on the R34 front, beautiful car to drive, just feels like a better car.

Too right... it doesn't mean it's 'better'. I mean you could argue many points for and against an R34, but the specific question was - does the 34 feel better to drive than the 33... and the answer to that question, is yes. If you're asking what's more pretty, or what has more chick pulling power.. than that's all subjective. Comparisons between 32 and 33's have been more emotional on these forums than logical in most cases.

but the specific question was - does the 34 feel better to drive than the 33... and the answer to that question, is yes.

actually the original topic was "have you upgraded to a R34 from a R33?"

There is no specific answer.. unless you have indeed "upgraded" from the 33 to a 34..

I use upgraded lightly.. as sure.. engine/handling/interior may be more modern.. but looks and other things are all subjective

I own an r33 gts-t and have driven an r34gtt. I prefer the r34 slightly in every department but would not pay the extra money for one. Saying that my mates S2 r33 was very similar ride and feel to the r34, so I reckon just keep the series 2 if your already happy with it.