SAU Community

R33 Hid Projector Headlights

NYTSKY

Im looking to buy some projector headlights for my R33.Ive found a site that sells them but its a bit pricey.Any idea where i might be able to find some at a cheaper price.

I think Nismo made some for the R33 too.

here is the site if anyone is interested.

http://www.istoreparts.com/lighting-headli...-c-249_339.html

they are series 3 gtr r33 headlights. look so nice! but yes. very pricey. can source some second hand from japan for a grand or so.

Thanks for the info,1k is better than 2k.Ill look into it.

best bet would be a retrofit. If you notice, the GTR SIII headlights are a very simple shape. It is as if nissan got the sI housing, ripped all the crap out, put in sII shaped reflector for highbeam, put a projector in the low beam and put a bezel around it.

I was gonna make a couple sets for giggles and bragging rights last holidays, but I was busy with other commitments. Maybe this christmas if I can find some cheap headlights again (there were so many last christmas).

Ah bugger! If i had the time i would do a retrofit.If anyone out there has the time and the skills to do a decent job PM me and we will talk about costs.

• 2 months later...

I have pulled an S1 headlight apart and tried to put a projector out of a broken HR31 headlight into it, but the projector assembly is too long! The housing isn't deep enough and the mounting points to adjust it were too difficult to line up. Then you would have to fabricate a housing to surround the glass. I want the projectors as i have HID's and they're a bit glarey for oncoming traffic.

If anyone wishes to make a set i would be interested!!!!

oh and can anyone confirm that the only outer difference in the S1 and S2 headlight is just the clear plastic lense and not the backing?

i have also researched into this mod, theres info here and there, but i dont even know what projector bulb to start with. maybe later down the track ill see if i can get a pro to do it for me. i cant really justify the cost of s3 lights, guards bonnet, grill and whatever else needs to be changed.

go with Honda Euro projectors - I can get you a set if you want... think there's a set in the garage...

I will take a pic of the results of my retro into R32 soon (there's a thread kicking around somewhere in DIY)