SAU Community

Rb25det Oil Pipe Strain Between Head And Bottom End

h2k

I have read about that the RB engines have a flaw with the oil flow. It's said that the oil stays in the engine head, because of this the bottom end and sump runs dry. Is this because the oil strain seen in the pictures? what would happen if I removed the washer strain or drilled the hole in the middle slightly larger?

Oil pipe between head and bottom end:

P1010044.JPG

With strain washer:

P1010046.JPG

Without:

P1010045.JPG

Should this be here or not?

Edited by h2k

I also don't remember seeing this on my pipe and i only had the motor out and apart 2-3 weeks ago .... someone mite have put it there? or i just wasn't paying enough attention lol

thats the return line on the rb25 due to extra oil in the head from the VCT feed, i wouldnt use that extra washer/restrictor

also not listed in teh workshop manual - see attached

post-5157-1175514007.jpg

Im not really sure it was there when I disassembled the engine. it's just a washer I had 1 left after I assembled the entire head and it looks like it fits very snug in that oil tube. has the same type of metal as the oil pipe also. But I can't remember if it was there to begin with :\ it's 5-6 months since I took it apart...

I think I'll just remove it.

aftermarket sump doesnt fix the problem....just helps you run around with more oil and hopefully a more reliable pick up.

Definetely doesnt go there, and you probably should have knocked out the back plug and put that down to the sump for an extra drain point.