SAU Community

The End Of Arrh 33?

mitchy_

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys. :(

as kylie said, not sure how i feel at the moment, i was looking to sell it very shortly, but i didnt plan on getting rid of it this way.

would have been nice to see 3 years of hard work, time and money still being driven around, but i guess atleast no-one else can write it off instead. >_<

my neck feels better than i thought it would, still a bit sore though.

whether i get the option to buy the wreck back, and whether i even want to buy it back, im not sure yet.

chances are the next car wont be a 33, so i cant really salvage parts to keep, and im not sure whether i want to hassle of trying to strip it down and flog it off (that said, its only rear end damage, so there is a 2000km old engine and turbo sitting in there >_<)

Sorry to hear about the shit mitchy, well at least you can still drive me. >_< Most important thing is that you're alright, and you buy a r34 gtr next. >_<

P/s: You were on stockies when it happened?

yeah.. funny thing that.

the tyres on my good rims were getting a bit low, so i changed over to stock rims yesterday morning, thinking id get a yellow sticker or whatever...

had absolutely nothing to do with the crash though, i was stationary... and my rims werent covered by insurance due to them being a limited edition.. so there was a very small amount of luck on my side..

Mitchy and Kylie im so sorry to hear this is then end of arrh 33 :D that was a stunning R33, well looked after and looked fabulous :( What a shame to see all that hard work ruined but one complete wanker driver :(

Hope insurance goes well for you Mitchy :D take care

doesnt matter. it wasnt mitchys fault. mitchys insurance will cover it if need be then sue the other driver. mitchy wont lose his no claim bonus or pay excess

I was under the impression that you don't get the money until the insurance company gets the money from the person at fault. I got hit by an un-insured driver in my last car and it took ages to get the damage fixed. I could have had it fixed straight away if I payed my excess and then have it refunded when the other party pays up or something. The insurance company only spoke to my parents (I was under there policy) so I wasn't kept very well informed.

my neck feels better than i thought it would, still a bit sore though.

Mate - some advice if you don't mind. You MUST get to your GP and register that you have been in a motor vehicle accident. Even though your neck may not feel so bad now, it CAN come back to haunt you.

I wrote off my S15 a few years ago and walked away without probs (or so I thought). Pain didn't set in until 3 to 6 months later and I was still receiving physio (at my cost) up to a year later!

Hopefully you are indeed 100% OK - but better toi be safe than sorry.

Good luck and all the best

Gav

I was under the impression that you don't get the money until the insurance company gets the money from the person at fault. I got hit by an un-insured driver in my last car and it took ages to get the damage fixed. I could have had it fixed straight away if I payed my excess and then have it refunded when the other party pays up or something. The insurance company only spoke to my parents (I was under there policy) so I wasn't kept very well informed.

an uninsured and unlicensed driver hit the back of my 33 gtst then tried to leave the scene but i got him to hang around. my insurance got my car fixed for $6k then they sued the driver afterwards. I didnt lose my no claim bonus or pay excess. The rear of my cars paint was getting a bit worn anyway so it worked out ok.

Mate - some advice if you don't mind. You MUST get to your GP and register that you have been in a motor vehicle accident. Even though your neck may not feel so bad now, it CAN come back to haunt you.

I wrote off my S15 a few years ago and walked away without probs (or so I thought). Pain didn't set in until 3 to 6 months later and I was still receiving physio (at my cost) up to a year later!

Hopefully you are indeed 100% OK - but better toi be safe than sorry.

Good luck and all the best

Gav

cheers gav, that was the first thing i did after the accident yesterday.

went to hospital and was put in a neck brace for 2 hours (as it was over 60km/h), got some xrays, pain killers, and anti-inflamatories.

got a call this morning saying that there may be a small bone fragment off one of the 7 vertibrae's in my neck, going to get my xrays done to see whether thats the case, or just an artefact on the xray, as it surprisingly feels alright considering what happened.

You've got a possible fracture? Oh fug, dosn't sound good, i hope everything turns out fine mate.

Yeah at least luck is on your side with the rims part, in some weird sense, but hey, it might just work out for the best in the end, esp with the R33 market being so saturated, and pple trying to sell having a bitch of a time doing so. But then, with all the love, sweat, tears and blood put into the car, it also is pretty sad to see it go i guess... anyway, at least your precious rims are fine! :O

P/s: I want parts off your car!! >_< Yeah that's right... I'm one of those mofo bitches!!! :P

I feel for you, i got backed into the other day by a 4wd. Damage no where near as bad as yours ofcoarse. Guys not returning my calls though so maybe time to get police involved. Even the dog in the photo is sad :blink: