SAU Community

Winodw Winders? Any Good Or Not?

Fishpaste~

Hey there,

getting a new alarm installed shortly and i am undecided about if i should go to the effort of putting in window winders or not?

so opinions? advice? problems? anything really would be appreciated... infact what im really looking for is a good logical reason to get them installed or not.

on the one hand, if you forget to wind your windows up they do it for you, on the other its extra cost for the number of times it'll get actually used vs just turning the ignition and winding them up.

thanks in advance

I have them and I love them. They are not really necessarry, but it is great to just stop the car, get out and walk away whilst the windows wind themselves up. looks ultra cool (well I tell myself that it does. lol)

Ive got them, Dont think I could live without such a feautre.. I always drive with the windows down and always just jump out walk away turbo timer running windows winding and people gawking going WTF?! dude ur car..

I hope you buying an alarm with built in turbo timer?? decreases theft risk as its built in .. Autowatch 456i when buying an alarm I found the autowatch was good... awesome alarm .. Two stage siren .. soft incase you forgot to turn it off for like 5 seconds than f**kn loud blow ur ears off for the rest!

Shock features, turbo timer, Window winder, Boot popper, 3 stage imobiliser .. the list goes on.. can even get anti high jak! (abit of a pain in the ass first, but good if you live in a bad area)

Yeah, it's useful. Except when you want your windows down and car locked in a 'safe' environment. Then you have to override your alarm. There's normally a function for that, but I forgot how to do it on mine. :P

Yeah, it's useful. Except when you want your windows down and car locked in a 'safe' environment. Then you have to override your alarm. There's normally a function for that, but I forgot how to do it on mine. :P

This is true. The other day I wanted to leave the windows down while it was in the driveway because I had just put the repainted dash back in and it smelt a bit of paint. It wouldn't let me. It's either windows down and unlocked or locked with the windows up. But only that one time have I wanted the windows down and alarm on.

This is true. The other day I wanted to leave the windows down while it was in the driveway because I had just put the repainted dash back in and it smelt a bit of paint. It wouldn't let me. It's either windows down and unlocked or locked with the windows up. But only that one time have I wanted the windows down and alarm on.

it can be done. I can set them up either way.

last S15 I did the customer wanted: boot release,windows up/down via remote and central locking off a two button remote. bit of fiddling netted this: arm ->windows up, ch2 - > windows down. disarm - ch2 -> boot release.

luke if you want this TELL ME. I have to change a module.

chris, does the 456 has 2 or 4 button remote? (i thought it was the 4.. infact thats the whole reason i wanted the 456 over the 446)

still havent decided on the window winders... i was hoping for replies like "it garantees that your windows are wound up, so that for insurance it has to be a forced entry" or something along those lines, something more logical than emotional... we drive skylines, people should be going "omg dude, your car is the best" regardless :( am i right, or am i right?? =P

im just not sure what they do for security, i can see what they do for lazyness and coolness but do i really want to be that lazy or cool? i was hoping there would be a good logical security based answer to the question and put all other concerns to rest, as (for me) its really a question of cost vs security benifit.

thanks

Edited by Fishpaste~

• 3 months later...

I asked my stereo/alarm guy about these for my 32 GTST. He said they wear your motors out quicker because even though the window maybe fully up and you want to lock your door, the motors will still recieve power as to auto wind the windows up.

Not too sure so I just spend the extra 1secs manually pressing the button.

Not worth the hassle of having a window not go up at all.