SAU Community

Cams Licence Level 3?

MZTRBO

HI,

What is a level 3 CAMS licence...

I want to import a vehicle for race/rally/drift use though you have to have a level 3 CAMS licence..Thats what the websites state that are importing the vehicles..

I have my L2 on the way, and could not find the level 3 cams licence on the website.

I did have a look a the licensing structure and theere is no level 3 after the level 2. Is the level three the other classifications such as national levels/rally or wateva...

PS. if anyone has a r33 gtst for race/rally use let me know..

Cheers

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Crap..i thought that may of been the case...

Why then do they say level 3..its not only on one site either..

Can any tell me the process of gettn the PC , NR or NC after I have the l2 cams licence.

Cheers

Easiest way is to check the CAMS website. www.cams.com.au

Second esiest way is to make enquiries at your nearest CAMS affiliated track. Bail up one of the officials & they will surely set you in the right direction.

Lastly, have you thought about buying an already imported car from a fellow competitor? Most competitors have an eye to their next car & pretty much everything is for sale all the time. So if you find something you like, ask. You may be well surprised by the answer......

Crap..i thought that may of been the case...

Why then do they say level 3..its not only on one site either..

Can any tell me the process of gettn the PC , NR or NC after I have the l2 cams licence.

Cheers

they say level 3 because they have NFI what they are talking about... look at the cams site. there is no such thing. there was a C3 but it has been NC PC or NR for well over a year now.

the process is, pay your money. do an OLT, compete in a fixed number of racing events (not track days, proper door to door racing like improved production, v8 supercar etc), off the top of my head it's 6 or 8 in any 12 month period, do a medical then you can upgrade from NC to PC. but as djr81 said look at the cams website.

Thanks you's have helped substantially..

djr81..

I will look into it.

Beer Baron - What is a OLT. I think I will have to sift through the CAMS website.

Does anybody know at what stage when importing a vehicle do you need to produce your NC PC (level 3) licence.

Is it to the importer themselves or the a goverment organisation?

Thanks

D

observed licence test. you have to basically participate in a race meet, or mock race and be observed to be able to race safely, overtake safely, allow faster cars to overtake you safely etc.

and you need the NC or NR licence BEFORE you start importing a car. ie before you do ANYTHING. as you will need it to apply for the import approval.

to be honest unless you are serious about racing in a state or national series then forget it. The cost of keeping your NC licence active will run to over $1000 a year at the best and probably a lot more when you factor in how many race meets a year you have to do to keep it going.

National Rally you need to do 2 OLT's (observed licence tests), super sprints, and motokhana's count. And a quick online course and test (takes about 2 hours if you do it in 1 sitting). I think PC is the same, but to go up to NC you need to do 5 observed races (proper races), and some other stuff (8 hours of marsial work i think).

so hard to get over to L2 license and the cost unless you have strong pockets man forget it. we are working with Swedish prestige to do bodywork and light weight reduction on the race cars ( super sedan series) , and the amount of money that you will need by looking at them is crazy. it's either go hard or go home. we are now upgrading their saab race car. keep an eye around 27th may, we will ba racing in brissie with new under diffusers and lighter body. amazing....

as ppl said here unless you are willing to spend the $$$ just stick in your l2.

alternatively to import race cars is not hard, import them as parts and as soon as arrived in oz, assemble them. easy. we did that before.

to import using race lisence is too much mucking around bro.