SAU Community

Body Restoration

GTR30

Anyone in Vic know of some good painters to take on a full body restoration that they can vouch for??

Looking to strip the whole car down to rolling shell and bare metal most of the car and start from there....

another thing, on the same topic.... Body kits for R30's anyone heard of an Australian distributor of genuine R30 kits? tried tracking one down a long time ago and the generally answer was that the only way to get a genuine kit for the car was to import a car with one already fitted... There has to be another way... Anyone had fiberglass mold of their kit done in Australia?

DSC00392.jpg

i meant to specify "after market" not genuine.. sorry about that. and the parts department thread is a good one, but has anyone been in my situation and has bought a front/rear bar or an entire kit for an R30>?

This has been an 'enigma' over the last 5 years or so....

Ive seen it mentioned on many forums etc

There has been some success with R31 kits, with some modification....

ive seen pics of R31 GTS3 front bars straight on a R30, modified skirt, and GTS3 rear bar....

Jenesis (Japan)make them, and are pretty much the only place you can get them 'off the shelf'

I suggest finding a local place and asking if the do R31 kits, then take yours in for a measure & quote

if i ever get a kit, im going to get a R31 kit and cut&shut/plasic weld it, but its under the bonnet that matters to me right now

Thats what i'm thinking too.

have sussed out from a few body shops that anything is possible and that it wouldn't be too difficult to fit a R31 kit (aussie spec, or after market) but would ultimately love an aftermarket R30 kit

hey dude yeah go to google and search for slide wize imports you'd have to do all the shipping yourself from japan as most the product's "overseas does not dispatch" but all in all reasonably cheap kits just make sure you arent lookin at that van thing they have in the r30 section

Paul.

hey dude yeah go to google and search for slide wize imports you'd have to do all the shipping yourself from japan as most the product's "overseas does not dispatch" but all in all reasonably cheap kits just make sure you arent lookin at that van thing they have in the r30 section

Paul.

Cheers Paul, i found one for 20,000Y roughly $200 Oz but whats the deal with the freight/shipping, has any one bought stuff from there and had it shipped?

asano2720837-img600x450-1178182302i.jpg

If you go to the slidewize site you'll find a calculator...

I added it up quickly and if it sells for 20000yen you are looking at 473.46 via container to melbourne.

that calculator isn't accurate.. i used www.x-rates.com for an accurate up to date currency calc and it was roughly $200 Oz not including freight. The guy won't dispatch overseas anyway... spewin

i saw a sick as black r30 the other day....

had a kit on it too, heres the pic..... :thumbsup:

no where near as good as this one!!!!!

>>>

funnyshit.jpg

Whats so inacurate about it...just adit the currency figure on it and add the set postage prices for the parts you need and it gives you a answer. By the time you pay their set postage, comission,container fee etc it'll add up to close to the figure i stated above (not exact coz i used a 99flat exh rate :unsure: ).

Whats so inacurate about it...just adit the currency figure on it and add the set postage prices for the parts you need and it gives you a answer. By the time you pay their set postage, comission,container fee etc it'll add up to close to the figure i stated above (not exact coz i used a 99flat exh rate :( ).

currency exchange rate fluctuate and theirs wasn't up to date with accurate rates... but still it gives you a rough figure..

know of any good bodywork shops?

i emailed Zac from slidewize ages ago about a full kit for the r30 shipped over and this was the responce i got

"You wouldnt get much change from $2000 for a full kit."

i was asking about a rear bar, side skirts and front bar from www.r30.co.jp

the yen hit 100 today.. 1 aus $ = 100yen

Edited by rsx84

i emailed Zac from slidewize ages ago about a full kit for the r30 shipped over and this was the responce i got

"You wouldnt get much change from $2000 for a full kit."

i was asking about a rear bar, side skirts and front bar from www.r30.co.jp

the yen hit 100 today.. 1 aus $ = 100yen

shipping is what kills you big time with a kit :P see as a complete kit usesly cost around 60,000 - 80,000yen max! 100,000yen, so that leaves you $1000 for shipping :(

If you can find someone who gets a container, maybe you can work out a deal.

Cheers for the advice..

it seems like it will be a hell of a lot easier to just get an R31 kit and make it fit if it won't.

Or even get someone in Australia with the front/rear bar i want, borrow it :) and get a mold made for the same price and make the costs back by fabricating kits for any other R30 enthusiasts

Cheers for the advice..

it seems like it will be a hell of a lot easier to just get an R31 kit and make it fit if it won't.

Or even get someone in Australia with the front/rear bar i want, borrow it :) and get a mold made for the same price and make the costs back by fabricating kits for any other R30 enthusiasts

the funny thing is r31 full kits are only a little bit easier to get, there are 2 i know of that are full kits ( front bar, side skirts and rear bar) you can get front lips. really theres not that much out there.

there is the GTS2 kit (good copie will set you back $1-2000).

getting a mould made would cost you about the same as getting the parts from japan.