SAU Community

Help Please.......

Hawke

Hey all

Finally got around to doing some mods on the Skyline and just wanted to get some opinions.

Getting a 3' stainless steel exhaust system from the turbo back, been quoted $1800 or close to there from a few places, does this seem reasonable ???? Price doesnt bother me just want to make sure Im not being ripped off.

Also has anyone heard anything about a Microtech LT12 computer to replace the stock management system ?? They are atleast $1000 cheaper than the Apexi Power FC so was just curious to see if anyone uses or has heard of them. Apparently they do plug directly in with minimal work required.

Thanks

Scott

as for the microtech im not too sure if there are guys running it here in perth but i know that a fair few do so in the eastern states. its best picking a respectable tuner and then ask him what he does best coz the engine management depend on how well the tuner is able to do it.

other options that wont break the bank are the Power FC and Wolf 3D. wait for the gurus to come on, they'll tell you more :D

My cat back system from jash @ c-red was around $1200, dump pipe was $180 and the front pipe was $150. The catback is japanese and was brand new, the dump pipe is made locally and new and the front pipe is a trust and was 2nd hand. Shop around and you should be able to get a good price, its the first mod you should do as the stock exhaust is very restrictive and only good for keeping the noise to a minimum :D

GTS-4OrCeD / G0DF4Th3R

I have only contacted local performance exhaust places, so I would think that it is not a jap system. Thought I would ask because it did seem a bit steep from what I have heard on the boards from other people.

Rob77

Do c-red do complete systems ?? or should I look to purchase some parts second hand ??

Thanks for the help guys

You get what you pay for when it comes to after market ecu's and you should pick the ecu that best suit's the level of mods you intend to do.Look around at a few performace shops for a cheaper exhaust as this price sounds a little to high to me.

For a cat back system Try Works Auto in Bently they actually have a few Name brands in stock and have them hanging from the ceiling too! I dont think they are in the 1800, Was this place that quoted 1800 in the connoly area? Start with C? As for ECU the ecu is only as good as the tuner correct, but if your using the same tuner for all ECUS the best ecu is the one to have, Dollar for dollar it usually comes down to WOLF vs Autronic, Many will say wolf, im looking into Autronic myself.

Thanks for the help people, im heading down to c-red tomorrow to check out a system or two. Much better price too.

Munich, where was your mate quoted that price if you dont mind me asking ??

RB20lagwagon, thanks I will check out Works Auto as well.

The place I was quoted $1800, well there were two, one in Belmont and one in Vic Park, got a quote of $1700 from Myaree as well, but that was with a twin dump pipe.