SAU Community

Drag results ...

hippy

Clint32,

Shit, I saw your reply and thought doh myself, as I forgot about your runs. I assumed the E/Ts were better than mine due to the very quick top end. Get your launch OK and it'll be a 12s job for sure. Chris32 had trouble getting a good start/rpm balance too.

yeah i did 2 runs taking it easy and did my best times, the gearbox went sometime after the 2nd run and was making a large noise after the 5th run. Now dosent like 2nd and 4th gear or going into reverse. Bring on the rb25box

Thank u Ivan/RPM Performance for a great day.

It was my first time down the 1/4 so it was nice to do it without a big crowd.Part of the reason why i wanted to do this was to backup my dyno results from the dyno day at Tilbrooks and prove that it was no fluke.

My best was [email protected] 60` and as Freebags said i did do a 106.99mph 13.5.

It was good to catch up with you guys again and when i'm settled into my new house i should be able to get out crusin again.

Freebaggin-I'm not sure how long that gasket is going to last being that you are missing 2 studs.You may have to order that T88 earlier than you thought so they can fit and fix all at once to cut cost.

Grepin-I`m still baffled by your low mph.I spose just let WW2 begin and kick F/B`s ass then.

Matt

Yep, it was a top day, big thanks to RPM

I had a few good runs, but I really struggled to get it off the line. My best run of the day was 14.03 @ 104.9mph with a 2.5 sec 60ft

Don't reckon the hard track style suspension and cheap Falken's helped much, maybe next time I will get some decent rubber and try and knock 1/2 a second of my 60ft times.

At least after 8 runs nothing broke

Chris

Thank u Ivan/RPM Performance. Specially borrow me the tyre pressure gauge :rolleyes:

never been to drag race b4, i was VERY excited. have 2 15sec pass with 32 psi tyre ,then i borrow ivan's gauge and release the tyre pressure to 22psi and done a 14.5.

being the slowest skyline (tubro) of the day,[email protected] with a 2.299 60'.With same mod of other member(exhaust, intercooler, boost controler) I found that even i have a OKAY lanuch, my car start get slow down at 2 or 3 gear, (seems the boost pressure can't keep at what i set) i try to adjust from 12psi to 13.5psi and guess what, i did worse time in 13.5 psi - [email protected]

i have order a e-manage from japan this morning after doing some disappoint time. With better tyre, hopefully i can break into 13.5 at the next meeting.

after 9 runs, my heavy duty clutch is not heavy duty anymore :)

tin

i was getting a 14.1 on 10psi with nothing but a exhaust and filter - 142kw at rears

id be looking at other things to cut your times down then blowing more money on more electronics from japan

just my opinion

erin

agree with u skyppy .. i saw alot of ur runs tin .. u also got not so good launches .. that greddy emanage would cost something like 1k?? spend it on ur suspension .. lighten flywheel ... tyres ... its all power and torque ... not that i know anything about drag racing .. :P

Originally posted by hippy

agree with u skyppy .. i saw alot of ur runs tin .. u also got not so good launches .. that greddy emanage would cost something like 1k?? spend it on ur suspension .. lighten flywheel ... tyres ... its all power and torque ... not that i know anything about drag racing .. :rolleyes:

i already got tein HR suspension on my car

i was quite interest at lighten flywheel, but someone told me they will affect the drive quality. Actually anyone who have it, can u told me what is good or bad after having it? but anyway, it won't be purchase until i blow my clutch

tyre was a definate, they are quite worn, i am still waiting my aftermarket rim arrive from oversea, so tyre will be purchase when the rims land.

from the MPH i run, even i got better tyre, i might be just able to break into 13sec, as my aim is low 13 or even high 12, i need more power(more boost). When i get the e-manage, i can have more power and even running higher boost, i can buy them for around $700, and i already have a e-01 to match, rather than a pfc for doulbe the price, it seems not a bad idea...

Lightened flywheel's only really improve your acceleration from lower in the rev range. When at the drags you are always operating at the top end of the rev's i.e 5500-7000rpm so apparently the lightened flywheel is not benificial.

I have a chrome molly lightened flywheel and noticed at the lights it was easier to take off, gears rev match heaps quicker. For the street lightened flywheels are quite good. No loss of drivability or fuel consumption.

the best things to improve the time instead of spending more on the car, is improving my launching skills and shifting skill.

i think i shift alright... :D

Maybe a bit of weight deduction on my car, but more important, is LOSTING weight myself!! :D

i was 75kg when i come to Aus. 3 years ago, and i am near 100kg now, if i can lost some weight to i used to(75kg), the car is 25kg lighter,plus take the audio (2xkg) and spare tyre (10kg?)out, definatelly can be 1/2 sec faster!!!;)