SAU Community

Mac Is Back

Hi guys

Its been a little while of me being in envy of every1 with their cars while i drive the ole hilux , rebuilding my car.

I decided to go with OEM pistons with a lower compression HKS metal head gasket as i beleive the standards can handle 450HP :mad:

What do u guys think ive spent alot of time doing this while i waited for my parts....did the cooler myself with help from mate :D

cheers

Piping doesnt have cold air from your cooler go across the front of the engine then 180 degree bend to throttle body.

It looks nasty doesnt it, its only temp, until i get a catch can its just a filter sitting on the end of the pipe

No im not running one at the mo,all my old pipes are gone inc BOV Aluminium pipe. if you look i have a flange plate welded onto a small pipe and have a plate over it until i get my BOV im running a custom one not sure how good it is as havent even seen it...

mack what about the blue catcher?? thatd look mint:D

so youre using std pistons with HKS head gasket?

or are those OEM thingos rated higher than std?

do we have a power figure from the new engine? must be fairly solid if its fried the clutch

Im saving it for you since you liked it so much :D:mad:

The apexi is quieter...look how small it is !!

HKS one was way more aggressive.

Umm no dont have any power figures it honestly fried the clutch instantly on 10psi and now i cannot drive into possitive boost with out the clutch slipping real bad and revs go up !!

Oh yeah standard nissan pistons

Im all finished now Adam i just expected the clutch to last longer than 5 minutes

Cheers :D u can still come over or wait untill mid next week and i will have the clutch done.

BTW Apexi Safc is installed just needs tuning :lol:

Guest sir_GTR

macka ... once the clutch starts slipping...it will deteriorate very quickly, my stock clutch, i had to rev real bad just to get to 60

So'd you'd recommend the Apex Power Filter then Mac ? I've been looking at getting one for a while, in filter comparisons they totally blow the competition away, I was just wondering how the induction noise was in comparison to a HKS pod, is this what you had previously ?

btw. Nice sig, only just noticed it ..... you take the pic ?

Yeah Jimbo the APEXi air intake is better overall in my opinion they say it breathes easier as well as good filtering but i think the HKS pod breathes better it is much louder and comparing the two the apexi is half the size as a K&N

I still Have my HKS Pod basically new still with brackets $150

Oh, apexi didnt come with any mounting gear either!

Thats my nephew yep i took the pic in me shed while i was rebuilding the car :D

PS> Clutch is definately worse as long as i can get to the clutch place in time i should be ok :D