SAU Community

R32 Gtst Cat

hey guys.

just wanna know if this is the stock cat or not for an 1990 r32 gtst. i have a 3 inch cat back system...just dunno about the cat.

wanna know cos i wanna complete the system so need to know if i need a cat as well

also IF this isn't the stocker...then will it bolt up to one of those 3 inch JJR dump/front pipes from just jap?

thanks for the help

(have searched...found no pics)

post-24552-1181801044_thumb.jpg

post-24552-1181801189_thumb.jpg

dag namit..... so that's gonna havta go as well...hehe

on another note i got my exhuast tested and it was 85db (legal's 90db in NSW) the exhaust is a HKS 3 inch cat back (obv not including cat) and has a resonator along the line as well....its not that loud right now

question: will putting in the 3inch dump/front and high flow cat dramatically increase this level. like i've heard decibels are not linear...its sorta like 3 decibels is almost double the current sound that we hear....so surely putting the rest of the 3 inch in won't get it up over 90 db will it???

just wanna know if people with the full 3 inch usually pass noise tests??? (ie under 90 db on an rb20det)

I have split dump, 3" front pipe, 3" super "hiflo" cat "pipe" :) into a 2 3/4" cat back with only the canon at the back.. nice idle noise, bit droney at 2000rpm in 5th but over 4000rpm damn does she sing :D