SAU Community

How To Make 1000hp

Eug

Pretty cool clip, for any engine...

I was always under the impression that it was a twin V8 styled motor.

but the vid only shows a zig-zag pattern of 6 cylinders per bank (is that the correct terminology?).

I'm guessing the other 4 will be made where the block is attached onto the robot arm mechanism.

not much meat between each cylinder either.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/14/video-b...e-being-milled/

800px-Volkswagen_W16.jpg

the snails are tiny as, and i dont see how the matté black intercooler (with the BUGATTI logo on it) can work efficiently covered up?

EDIT: water to air intercoolers?

the snails are tiny as, and i dont see how the matté black intercooler (with the BUGATTI logo on it) can work efficiently covered up?

That doesn't look like an intercooler to me. Theres one on the other side too.

I'm on 56k so I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing this is the motor out of the Bugatti Veyron?

Turbocharger layout looks to make a lot more sense in the photo of the actual engine compared to in the image.

But yeah, awesome vid. And the turbos do look a tad small dont they? But I guess there *is* four of them...

That doesn't look like an intercooler to me. Theres one on the other side too.

I'm on 56k so I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing this is the motor out of the Bugatti Veyron?

Click on the link, they are the intercoolers.. Remember they are exposed to the outside on the veyron so it will have a fair bit of airflow going past them..

someone mentioned they are water to air intercoolers - which makes sense

Yeah, that would probably be right, it's got something like 10 radiators in the car..

11 lol

But yeah i didnt think it was shaped that way either...makes more sense now. interesting....anyone want to make a straight 12 rb engine??? of center like that? get some serious power...and keep the single turbo...hahaha