Had it since October 2005

White

Premium model with 1/2 leather

Manual 6 speed

20" Rims

Whiteline swaybars

HKS Supercharger

Chris

Can you put your rim, tyre and offset measurements in the corresponding topic in this forum it would be good to get a bit of a database going. It is good to see a nice fit on cars and it would help others when they are searching for rims etc.

• 1 year later...

I imported a Dec 2005 Premium Coupe 350 GT in Xmas 07- It is a fantastic car.

Six speed manual, Blue Stone, with "19 Inch Fact Alloys, VQ35 Engine-Chipped & Sports exhaust

These cars are very deceptive. Seem slow (read "very comfortable")- but are Bullet quick. I got 5.3 sec to 100(VSC OFF)

Has half leather 9 Speaker premium BOSE System,

Insurance:- Talk to Lumleys about 1100 with Max No Claim (not bad)

Fuel consumption on 98 Oct is very good. About 8Klm/Ltr City & 10 on Highway.

The TV/Sat Nav/do not work unless new unit is installed/Connected to Indash one-cost 800 for telly and about 1200 for sat Nav.. Have not replaced it.- Waiting on a conversion unit if there is one out there ?? Otherwise happy to leave it !!

I think we need a thread where people can post about the different models of V35 Skylines.

So what do you have? what engine? gearbox, spec level (eg leather, sunroof, dvd screen)

How are they for fuel and performance? Whats insurance like? same with compliance who does it in australi?

There isn't much info out there and I certainly want to learn more about one before i start looking to buy one.

post-55154-1220331936_thumb.jpg

Thks n15m0 !- hows the 350z suspension. Is it really firm ?. Did you do the mods or where they on it?

Just want to compare to standard one - which is fine- a little soft on the limits- but her limits are much higher than cars twice the price !! :P

^^^^ Very nice Elie. I've got the same color but in a sedan.

Thks n15m0 !- hows the 350z suspension. Is it really firm ?. Did you do the mods or where they on it?

Just want to compare to standard one - which is fine- a little soft on the limits- but her limits are much higher than cars twice the price !! :P

Z suspension is perfect, hardly much difference to factory shocks except its a little firmer, lowers the car by 1" all around and improved handling obviously. Most just replace with Z springs + factory V35 shocks but if you can find the whole suspension set that would be recommended as it is a matching shock and spring combo. If you are lucky you should be able to pick a set of used low km ones for under $200. Bang for buck suspension mod!

Here is mine, 2003 track version. Full Nismo Body Kit, 18" factory rims, 6MT, everthing else stock. Been trying to get the HID to work but found out the ballast is there but wires cut, the bulb holder is not there. Just ordered a set from Ebay, hope it will work out. Thinking of Exhaust too. Came with no stereo, so fitted a 2 din TV/DVD/MP3/SD/CD player touch screen with blue tooth for the phone connection. Planning to fit a Digital box for the TV, and reversing camera for it too as the I can't see anything when reversing. This car have good areo dynamic but has a big blind spot and rear view from those tiny mirror is useless.

post-53067-1220529243_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found it helps to set the mirrors outwards to a point that you've just lost the vision to the corner of your rear fender. that maximises the view a little bit wider, but you gotta tilt your head sometimes to spot the fender corner if you sometimes need to judge distance when parking/reversing.

Alternatively does anyone managed to find thru US or JDM sites the genuine oem mirrors? that should solve the view problem. Most aust. delivered cars now have both convex mirrors on both driver and passenger car but due to perhaps not enough proof to re-evidence the ADR package, all V35 imports now have flat mirrors on both sides :)

or perhaps the convex mirrors from JDM factory has too much scale reduction ratio compared to what they've fitted on aust. delivered cars.

• 1 month later...
Here is mine, 2003 track version. Full Nismo Body Kit, 18" factory rims, 6MT, everthing else stock. Been trying to get the HID to work but found out the ballast is there but wires cut, the bulb holder is not there. Just ordered a set from Ebay, hope it will work out. Thinking of Exhaust too. Came with no stereo, so fitted a 2 din TV/DVD/MP3/SD/CD player touch screen with blue tooth for the phone connection. Planning to fit a Digital box for the TV, and reversing camera for it too as the I can't see anything when reversing. This car have good areo dynamic but has a big blind spot and rear view from those tiny mirror is useless.

ok wow - I think I might keep the Silver manual one when it comes in then - That picture looks awesome! :P

Might need to get the clear indicators though (like yours and my blue Premium has).

So the kit is classed as NISMO? I thought just the rear spoiler... the front lip I thought was simply a factory option...

I don't have your side skirts though! :banana:

post-17411-1223873007_thumb.jpg

post-17411-1223873018_thumb.jpg

post-17411-1223873030_thumb.jpg

post-17411-1223873040_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
I have fitted a Borla Exhaust and I have taken the CAT'S out to free it up a bit more, most people are fitting US origin Extractor's but since they are made for LHD the odd problem has happened when fitting.

I am told but don't quote me but the JDM ones are not as good due to JASMA laws and I do think the US origin exhausts are better value and a nicer fit on the car.

POD filters make the bottom end a bit dead as I fitted one but went back to the OEM air box with a K&N filter.

I can vouch for that... Can't really beat a Borla Million-mile warranty either. Checkout the videos on the website for an idea of the sound...

http://www.bestexhaust.com.au

I can do a group discount too for 5 or more systems (10%)

• 1 year later...
just read over the other thread..the insurance is abit scary in sydney...from 2k - 5k!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGG

That's a realy rip off mate. I got my V35 insured for %750.00 and it is comprehensive. Well I called RACV first and they asked for 3k. Then I called Justcars then got that quote. :P

As long as you keep your eyes on road, you will have no contact with the insurance. Coz some people said ohh well RACV is this and that. What I think is they just selling their names. Other companies would provide the same service for a lower price. I havent had any claim so far, but I reckon Justcars will take care of me if I have.