SAU Community

What Do You Guys Think?

After a lot of headaches and 2 rb20det engines...the car is finally back on the road again alive and really kicking with a Rb25det under the hood. A world of difference compared to the rb20det i might add...can really notice the diff in torque and its very responsive now. The next on the to do list is to sort out minor issues with the idle and getting the temperature gauge wrking ok. Pretty sure the tps needs to be adjusted for the idle issue as it idles like a charm with the tps unplugged.

Anyways...Current Mods are:

S2 RB25det engine

RB20det gearbox with a rb30 H/D clutch

3" custom dump/front pipe with a 3" Tanabe catback exhaust

K&N Pod Filter

Walbro 500hp fuel pump

Full Gtr body kit

ROH 17" wheels with 215 Federals all around (no good now as cant get traction with the 25 )

heres what i got on the dyno

managed to get 211.3rwkws @ 6284 rpm with 1425mn torque (331mn at the flywheel). Only ran 9.33psi of boost.

heres the dyno sheetdsc0725xw5.th.jpg

Don't understand what your problem would be with the temp gauge. Although I recall I unpicked the whole loom to retain wires I considered necessary to retain. My temp gauge works fine.

I used the rb25det loom from the ecu to the engine. But i think all i need to do is run a new earth wire from the temp to the ecu and it should be fine. As for the idle...matter of elimination i guess.

Other than the slightly optimistic dyno result (should be more 160-180rwkw)

All looks reasonable because your using the stock ECU.

Once you change that, the curve will be nicer around the 4000rpm range without a doubt and very nice to drive on the street