SAU Community

I Need A Quiet Exhaust

Im after a quieter exhaust for my r33 gtst as im trying to get my car engineered and my exhaust i got now is way to noisy (probly close to 105db). does anyone know of any quiet but free flowing systems that would be good to buy??? was thinking bout a blitz cat back system or something like that, any help would be greatly appreciated

There's the HKS 'quiet' zorst but i'm not sure how quiet that is.

Also, i think it's APEXi that have mufflers with a valve that opens under certain pressure so it's ok for cruisin and then opens up for the extra power. CHeck thier site. it has a flash of it working

get xforce varex..

got them in my car.. can adjust with remote till the sound almost like stock

correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought any exhaust system with an adjustable silencer was illegal.

recommend hi-tech mufflers. their exhaust systems are MADE to pass legal db requirements. and i'm assuming you're getting the car emissions tested, if so, obviously make sure your cat is carb compliant

correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought any exhaust system with an adjustable silencer was illegal.

recommend hi-tech mufflers. their exhaust systems are MADE to pass legal db requirements. and i'm assuming you're getting the car emissions tested, if so, obviously make sure your cat is carb compliant

i already have emitions test results, they just wernt done with my exhaust system, they were done with my mates system

my exaust was 3inch bellmouth dump to highflow cat to Fujistubo muffler - very quiet

I cut off the muffler and put on a Kakimoto muffler, much much louder.

I can sell the Fujistubo muffler if you want it.....

I have the silent hi power,

compared to the stock muffler that came with my car (factory option nissan sports muffler, it has a silencer aswell)

the hks system wasn't any louder on idle, just a deeper note.

The hks system actually is a bit quieter on certain gears & rpms, but when you open the throttle it absolutely roars.

Tough sounding exhaust note that doesn't drone or sound like a wet fart i.e riced up civics & lancers

i'm running a HKS superdrager system on my gtr 3in dumps 3 n 1/2 from cat back to a 5 in tip and its just as quiet as a stock exhaust but a hell of a lot better flowing

I like the sound of that, a quiet system that can provide excellent flow and but still have a bit of a roar at higher rpm is exactly what i'd like. Guess hks silent hi power is for me