SAU Community

Change Of Heart

stagpower

i know i should have expected this when i bought a import but i didnt think it would be so bad,it must just be me but i cant find ANYTHING,those clunks in the front,every suspension place just says they cant look at it cause it is a import and they cant do anything,does anyone in perth know a good suspension place to get it fixed and maybe a new suspension set up?? thanks

Shayne have you gone to places like WA Suspension in Ossie Park ( www.wasuspensions.com.au) or Wilkinson suspension in Bayswater??? Both of these places are highly recommended through the import scene and Wilkinson's is a SAUWA Club member Discount place...so obviously these places deal with imports???

*edit* sorry didnt realise that you were south of the river, but obviously if no one is willing to help your way it may be worth a phone call to one of these two places and tell them your issues as well and see what they can offer you before you head up to them*

dunno what cha on about....

talk to Sydneykid and buy his "groupbuy" stagea suspension setup

front and rear adjustable Whiteline swaybars

front and rear Whiteline bush kits

front and rear Bilstein shocks with circlips

use stnd suspension springs.

fkn awesome

then get the turbo highflowed, full free flowing exhaust, fmic, boost to 1.1bar, tune with safc and fuel pressure regulator and z32 afm.

200awkw right there with handling to boot

- fkn easy

Wheels World in Osb Park to be sure to be sure.

you should just SEE some of the cars they work on .. Iam sure they can nut out what is going on with your stagea. and yes.. I think the Sydneykid Group buy on the suspension would be a good idea!

Morethan likely if you installed the suspension group buy kit the clunk might disappear.

you sure the clunking is not a CV joint or a Engine mount

Well I went and got my creaking and clunking diagnosed at WA Suspension in ozzy park! (FREMANTLE store is CLOSED :) )

It is a camber pin and my castor rod bushes need replacing.

Stagpower, ONLY reason I went to get my clunking diagnosed, was we found my left hand front tyre split and bald on one part of the edge! Will upload pics soon.

post-30699-1183380948_thumb.jpgpost-30699-1183380910_thumb.jpgpost-30699-1183380855_thumb.jpgpost-30699-1183380802_thumb.jpg

thanks everyone,will try them and see what happens,i would love to get the group buy susp kit but i dont know about you's but i aint made of money......i am getting a fmic and exhaust next fortnight too :):)

thanks everyone,will try them and see what happens,i would love to get the group buy susp kit but i dont know about you's but i aint made of money......i am getting a fmic and exhaust next fortnight too :dry::)

roger - I hear you there.... saved for a while to 'afford' some suspn goodies from the group buy. didnt bother with springs (have some, lol, stnd is fine, didnt have the money) and the rear bilsteins I got were slightly used so got a better price on those. But the stnd struts were well past their use by date, safety factor etc with kiddies. I guess I made myself afford the upgrade !!!

good luck with the upgrades tho, little by little, but then again modifying a car is 'hardly' worth it, I suppose.

thanks everyone,will try them and see what happens,i would love to get the group buy susp kit but i dont know about you's but i aint made of money......i am getting a fmic and exhaust next fortnight too :domokun::)

I'm at the point where I dont want the car to necessarily go any faster. It should be capable of mid 14 sec 1/4 mile times as it is so I'm happy with that.

I have the exhaust but I need a fmic, but in many ways I would prefer a suspension upgrade before anything else now. If I was to do it all again I'd probably do suspension first. I think it would make THE biggest difference to driving the car. Exhaust would be a close second...as that is possibly the most important performance mod...without one no other performance mod is really worth it. :blush:

I managed to pick up the suspension from Marc's first Stag that met an untimely end.

I have the same setup as tangles I think

Front and Rear Bilsteins

Adjustable front swaybar

Rear swaybar

Standard Springs

The ride is definately firm, and you feel the road more in normal driving. The cornering is MUCH better. It is much flatter through corners, and driving in the wet is reassuring. The suspension soaks up large bumps much better.

Its taken a while to get used to, but I definately prefer it to standard. The new Auto Centre bush has really helped reduce the driveline vibration and movement.

Next thing is to hook up the new head unit, and hook up the IEBC and DFA........Better get a soldering iron!