SAU Community

"scret" Gold Gtr Owner Murdered!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is when i wish we where allowed to have guns in our homes, and shoot people who break in.

I know if i was a theif etc i wouldnt be too worried about breaking into houses considering people basically have to ask u to leave.

But yeah RIP sucks to see anyone die let alone a good fella.

Hey there viewers of this post,

I knew Rick Carruthers quite well, I was at his funeral yesturday, and have worked on the SCRET car of his and his brothers a number of times. Rick was an outstanding guy whos kind hearted nature is someting we should all take a note or 2 from. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him and has been a shock to all to loose gim in such circumstances.

There wil be a memorial track day held in his honour later in the year when all concerned are ready. Will start a post when more of the details come to light as for where abouts and date.

RIP champ...

That is bloody awful... And to think people still admonish capital punishment... What the hell did this guy do wrong to die in such horrific circumstances, and the fact his wife has to live with it....

Shame shame shame...

RIP to the dearly departed,

that said i'm no mod or anything but to those wishing to post here just please keep in mind to remain professional in these matters and try to THINK before you post, because i know what some people are like, can't wait to add their 2cents about a rumour they heard or an opinion they have, please just a reminder to think before you post in threads regarding such personal and private sensitive matters.

EDIT: in lamens terms please try not to ask too many questions here, as it's not really any of our business to know the gritty details or motives or anything like that, please allow the necessary parties such as friends, family, police etc to do their duties.

Edited by Mr Eps

Sad news :domokun:

I find the article a little ironic though when it says "Police remain fearful for the safety of Mrs Carruthers and have asked that her image and location not be revealed by the media." and blatantly has a photo of his wife at the top..

This is when i wish we where allowed to have guns in our homes, and shoot people who break in.

I know if i was a theif etc i wouldnt be too worried about breaking into houses considering people basically have to ask u to leave.

I'm going to try being as civil as I possibly can in response to this, but I seriously cannot believe people outside the US are that stupid.

If you can get guns to keep in the house, you can get guns to carry outside the house. Its not like they're chained to your front verandah. Unless you plan on wearing a holster all the time, an armed assailant breaking in is going to have the advantage, since they'll have the gun with them. And if he knows that there's a good chance you'll pull out a gun on him, he's less likely to go easy on you and more likely to shoot you accidentally because he thought you were going for a gun.

If I was desperate enough to break into someone's house and there was a good probability they were armed, the first thing I'd do is neutralise them before robbing the place (tie them up or knock them out, rather than just skulk around without them noticing, or take family members hostage to ensure their co-operation). I'd have my own firearm as well, and if I saw someone moving around, I'd shoot first.

At least if you don't live in an "armed" culture, the thief knows they have a good probability of outrunning or overwhelming you.

Secondly, the guy was stabbed in his sleep. What good is a gun in a drawer going to do you if you wake up already wounded, with your assailant on top of you? It doesn't sound like a robbery from the description, so if your hitman thinks you may be able to shoot him, he's more likely to shoot you first (or just torch your house and ambush you as you try fleeing out the front door, what's the likelihood that you'll grab your gun if you're trying to exit a burning building?). And it also increases the chance of your loved ones getting injured in the crossfire, either by you or your assailant.

That is bloody awful... And to think people still admonish capital punishment...

That we don't kill murderers is what makes us better than them.

You can't say that killing people is wrong, for any reason, and then kill people for it. You lose what moral and ethical authority you have.

Vengeance is not justice, and from the emotive responses by a lot of people who don't actually even know Rick it goes to show why we'd like to think of justice as blind and impartial.