SAU Community

R32 Gtr Again With Steering Problems

Going on my daily communte to work this morning, i notice my steering is a little heavy at low speed that it usually is. say below 50ish?

then as i was going on the motorway where i give it as you do, i noticed the car all over the place in ways it hasnt been before the steering was very very light and dangerous almost i'd say.

whats causing this? i want to get it sorted before this track day i have comming up otherwise i'll have to cancel.... again....

i dont have hicas, so cancel that one out. and i will check all my levels in a minute or two and report back

cheers :nyaanyaa:

speedo works fine, it has undergone a 34gtr conversion. but that was a while ago and this problem has just turned up.

there also could be a possibility that its normal operation, and i am just used to it from the week or so ago where i had a heavy steering problem

i need someone else's 32 to check this maybe

lot's of things will affect how the steering feels. castor has a big impact. toe has quite an impact too. I would be looking at a problem possibly with how the hicas was removed. I know of lots and lots of 32 GTRs that have removed hicas only to end up with steering problems.

lot's of things will affect how the steering feels. castor has a big impact. toe has quite an impact too. I would be looking at a problem possibly with how the hicas was removed. I know of lots and lots of 32 GTRs that have removed hicas only to end up with steering problems.

i think i will find another to compare with. but i will definatley have to book it in for a checkup on the steering

What did you do to rectify the heavy steering?

nothing, well i dont know. it has a mind of its own lately.