SAU Community

Woodgrain Trim

DaveB

Trying to find a S2 with leather but without woodgrain interior... had a scary thought: did all S2 stageas with leather come out with woodgrain? Am I gonna be stuck with it??? :laugh:

Edit:

----------

OK so I have learnt much since I posted this :D This was mainly thanks to the posts below... to summarise my findings (series 2 only, don't know about series 1): there was a leather option, which was leather seats & centre console lid thing. Then there was the Prime Edition, which had leather seats/centre console lid, PLUS woodgrain trim... and this it appears was the most common option where leather was concerned because it wasn't much more for the prime edition then the leather. But the silver/grey interior trim pieces are exchangeable with the woodgrain pieces, as is the wheel.

Edited by DaveB

Damn... doesn't sound good :D

ステージア a non-prime edition? Are the ones with leather all 'prime edition'? What's that?

Hmm I wonder what the chances of finding someone to trade with would be... is there anybody out there with a S2 and the black interior who actually would want woodgrain that much? Oh, just realised... would still be stuck with a half-wooden steering wheel :laugh: oh well. Thanks guys

Damn... doesn't sound good :D

ステージア a non-prime edition? Are the ones with leather all 'prime edition'? What's that?

Hmm I wonder what the chances of finding someone to trade with would be... is there anybody out there with a S2 and the black interior who actually would want woodgrain that much? Oh, just realised... would still be stuck with a half-wooden steering wheel :laugh: oh well. Thanks guys

pick meee pick meeee lol ill swap ya mine

pick meee pick meeee lol ill swap ya mine

Will keep you in mind mike; seeing the pics of the silver interior they're not too bad. Would prefer black but I think they're still better than woodgrain (for me). I'll let you know how it pans out...

a) paint it (the woodgrain, that is)

b) find a normal RS4 that has been optioned with the leather seats

c) source a S1 leather interior

They are out there, its just with the factory option of leather not that much cheaper than the prime ed, it wouldn't make much sense to go down that path.

The prime editions are easy to pick out because they had woodgrain on the wheel

there are heaps of leather S1's out there with leather seats and no woodgrain. Just gotta find em

nothing wrong with the woodgrain, makes my otherwise drab interior stand out a little

its only plactic anyway, so paint it if you dont like it.

mine is a RS-V prime edition, full leather no woodgrain looks the bomb too, ill get some pics up soon

Hey Joe (where you goin with that gun in your hand)

Unless I am mistook your car isn't a Prime edition, as Prime editions are all 4wd...

yours is a 2wd type B, leather wasn't standard in type b's, so yours must be an optioned one.

If you want a spread sheet with all the option/standard equip. PM me your email, and I'll send it on.

It's not easy to decipher it all, but it it interesting just the same.

AFAIK All Prime edition's came with leather and wood....(plastic)

I Lurve my wood (plastic) ok so it's only plastic.... and no I can't afford a car with real wood, so what, nuffin wrong with that..... :)

Thanks for the pics joe26f! THAT's what I'm after - looks awesome! I love the all black look... Tangles: I wouldn't mind the woodgrain all that much, but why did they have to put it on the steering wheel... that spoils it a bit for me. I don't think i'm desperate enough to paint it (erk) I don't think i'd make a very good job of painting plastic. Sourcing a standard interior, that sounds better. Where might I find some standard black plastic bits - besides yahoo.co.jp?

Thanks for the pics joe26f! THAT's what I'm after - looks awesome! I love the all black look... Tangles: I wouldn't mind the woodgrain all that much, but why did they have to put it on the steering wheel... that spoils it a bit for me. I don't think i'm desperate enough to paint it (erk) I don't think i'd make a very good job of painting plastic. Sourcing a standard interior, that sounds better. Where might I find some standard black plastic bits - besides yahoo.co.jp?

lol i got just what u want

Hey Joe (where you goin with that gun in your hand)

Unless I am mistook your car isn't a Prime edition, as Prime editions are all 4wd...

yours is a 2wd type B, leather wasn't standard in type b's, so yours must be an optioned one.

If you want a spread sheet with all the option/standard equip. PM me your email, and I'll send it on.

It's not easy to decipher it all, but it it interesting just the same.

AFAIK All Prime edition's came with leather and wood....(plastic)

I Lurve my wood (plastic) ok so it's only plastic.... and no I can't afford a car with real wood, so what, nuffin wrong with that..... :D

Slightly mistook indeed

The prime edition did come in 2 & 4wd and in turbo & non turbo forms & only in the RS series (as opposed to the X & G Series).

You are correct the primes came with wood grain as standard but it probably could be deleted when ordering...

If you have/had xenon lights, auto lights & super fine hard coat paint (check your back window for the SFHC sticker), then you could have a prime ed (the list goes on if anyone cares)

The type B is actually a 2 or 4wd turbo in manual or auto that was built "Pure for Customize"[sic] which came with steel wheels, no stereo, ready for the owner to make their own additions (see picture. sorry, no scanner)

post-37588-1184843799_thumb.jpg

Joe if yours has a factory LSD then it may be an S Pack.. does it also have fog lamps and heated windscreen/wing mirrors?

Any q's just ask.. I have detailed files...