SAU Community

Caution : Buying New Wheels

The one main rule is to always leave fitting wheels to the experts.

If you took your wheels to a tyre shop and got them fitted for $20, i hardly doubt you would have the problems you are experiencing now.

Im running on spacers and a simple wheel balance+alignment has my car driving straight and smooth.

While we're on the topic of spacers, has anyone used the adaptor type spacers? There are spacers which connects to a 4 stud, but then gives out a 5 stud pattern (not sure if it makes any sense). Just say you had a S13 Silvia with 4 stud, when you use these spacers, you can put on normal 5 stud wheels.

Anyone use them before?

Edited by adam-__-

If you have to have spacers then i can recommend Neales wheels at South Strathfield in Sydney to make good ones to suit the wheel and car with the right centre bore step etc. Yes they are still technically illegal but Neales always do a top job that is safe. BTW race cars have in the past used spacers with no problems at all, so although technically illegal if done properly and there should be no reason to fear for your life,doesn't beat getting the offset right to start with though.