SAU Community

Looking At Buying R33 Gtst

Rsktker

Hey guys

Looking at buying an r33 gtst as a daily car to drive everyday, just wondering if these are reliable enough to get me to work etc everyday, and yes i am gonna be driving it like a normal person, dont want any attention etc. So if other r33 drivers could let me know about how theres goes would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...

Mine is a daily and I have had no issues in just on a year of ownership.

Just make sure that is is serviced every 5000kms or so and you should be right. ;)

Drive mine as a daily as well and no problems at all...until i started modding it haha. won't have any problems with one if as dan said you don't buy a lemon and get a good one that has been inspected properly.

ive got r33 with 350hp use it as my daily driver i get about 400-450km out of the tank, when i drive on boost alot i usually get around 400-420km.

touch wood mine has been reliable now for 3years + but i do service it every 5000km and also check that everything is ok (check oil etc)

cheers michael

yea cool guys thank you speaking of inspections whats a decent place to get, like turbo cars inspected

have a look in the consolidated workshop thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=141454

call up one of them listed that is near you and should be sweet. i use cypher for everything that i cant do and am happy with them but all places listed there are known to be good.

hey man you shouldn't have any trouble as others have mentioned. the only probs with my car have resulted from mods on it, either from the previous owner, or myself :D

ive had the car for 2 years now.

I'd say buy one that is already heavily modded as long as its in good nic and well tuned etc because you'll likely get bitten buy the bug so save yourself some money in the long run!

I have used my 33 everyday for a year now, prob raking up 500-600kms a week.....yes alot of fuel, but hasnt missed a beat...

take it out to the drags quite regularily, and skidpan days.....hasnt has a problem.

you will have a blast with it...

I've had mine for 4 years and its done 210 000km - hasnt broken down once (except when I have left the interior light on). I get it regularly serviced and anything that needs fixing from wear and tear I get sorted out straight away (even though I curse my car when something major does need replacing). I drive my car every day and I race it in the motor kahna at AHG. Its been more reliable than any other car I have had! My car is only slightly modded and I have never had any police attention in it, except a couple of speeding fines. But I haven't been harassed or given a yellow. You'll love your car once you get it!

Now that I have said all this... my car will break down today and I will get a yellow sticker :D

awesome guys thank you my last query tho, i live south of the river, anyone have any trouble with thieves etc...

ps. SAU crew rock lol. very helpful cant wait to become a member. :blink:

www.carsafe.com.au

Where rank 14 out of 15 as most stolen car :) is that something we should be proud of haha?. Just don't park it anywhere stupid, theirs some tips on that site...Just do ya research :rofl:

awesome guys thank you my last query tho, i live south of the river, anyone have any trouble with thieves etc...

ps. SAU crew rock lol. very helpful cant wait to become a member. :blink:

South of river where? You know suburbs like South Perth, Applecross etc have some of the highest amounts of break ins? I lived in Armadale for a while and parked my skyline out the front all the time - not one incident. It doesn't matter where you live if you just be smart about where you park your car - especially at night and make sure you have insurance if you're that worried about it. :rofl:

Hey guys

Looking at buying an r33 gtst as a daily car to drive everyday, just wondering if these are reliable enough to get me to work etc everyday, and yes i am gonna be driving it like a normal person, dont want any attention etc. So if other r33 drivers could let me know about how theres goes would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...

well as it happens mine is for sale :blink:

Had mine for nearly 5 years and no problems...over 400rwhp and can be driven daily without any issues.