SAU Community

New Baby Has Landed - Baby = Gtr

Landed in June, complied in July and had her first Aussie number plate this week.

GTR R32 1994 - And shes booooooooootiful (I'll admit to being a little biased at this point).

I've tried updating my profile and managed most of it okay, however cannot see where I can edit the RB20DET bit on the left. Can someone please tell me where this part lives?

Cheers

Michele

Edited by LadyBytes

My controls -> Edit Profile -> Custom member title

demand pictures! :)

woohoo I found it... it was blank, so I didn't suspect that was the place.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers

M

Congrats michele! did u import thru a broker?

He is an importer/dealer, although I didn't order from o'seas, it was here and complied when I bought it. Its seriously clean, had low k's (57000) which I didn't believe for a minute, however the inspections I've had since seem to support that the k's may have been original. If thats true, then I'm impressed.

Now its time to do my own mods, I've been talking to Trojan and they said I should start with HKS-GTSS Turbos $4000 + Fit $2200.

They pulled the little restrictor out of the boost control (is that what that part is called?) which I understand is compulsary in Japan. I thought it was a good sign that this was still in place.

Slotted rotors, a stronger clutch... OMG maybe I should have bought that heavily modded car in Sydney after all LOL ahh well, I least I know this one has been cared for.

post-28428-1185000838_thumb.jpg

post-28428-1185000907_thumb.jpg

post-28428-1184999491_thumb.jpg

Edited by LadyBytes

Now its time to do my own mods, I've been talking to Trojan and they said I should start with HKS-GTSS Turbos $4000 + Fit $2200.

Slotted rotors, a stronger clutch... OMG maybe I should have bought that heavily modded car in Sydney after all LOL ahh well, I least I know this one has been cared for.

Congrats on the pickup.

As you've probably been told the RDA group buys are excellent value (nearly 1/2 price of what I was quited in Canberra, which was way above retail)

Jim from Brisbane does make a good clutch, I've got one.

The GTSS turbo's are great turbo's if you are going to limit the car to 300rwkw, I went the 2860R-5's and should have the results back this weekend (should have been last weekend) thanks Croydon, they can make it up in the bill.

Other mods to consider

Boost controller

New ECU

100K service, replace belts etc

SK's suspension kit

new cams

adjustable traction control

injectors-fuel pump

and a gold GTR key found in the group buys

Well that's my current wish list :D

Edited by a20089

very neat ride. are they V-Spec II wheels?

VOLK RACING GROUP A EVOLUTION 2 17" X 9" MAGS

Not a lot else done to it

KAKIMOTO STAINLESS STEEL RACING EXHAUST MUFFLER

TEIN ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SUSPENSION

NEW FALKEN 235/45ZR17 TYRES (which are harder than I hoped/expected, but perhaps I'm spoilt with the Federal 595rs's)

HKS TURBO-TIMER

and thats about it, the rest is up to me.

If u got the cash get the turbo put on , but i think it would be wiser to built up the supporting mods first so u get the most out of the turbos.

If i was u i would get (approx prices)

*remove hicas $400

*adjustable cam gears $400

*power Fc plus tune $1500

*a good EBC $500

*oil cooler $1000 (if u are on the track)

*injectors-fuel pump $1400

*adjustable control and castor arms front and rear $1100

but this is just me , dont flame me about the prices it just off the top of my head

It a really clean looking r32 well done

If u got the cash get the turbo put on , but i think it would be wiser to built up the supporting mods first so u get the most out of the turbos.

If i was u i would get (approx prices)

*remove hicas $400

*adjustable cam gears $400

*power Fc plus tune $1500

*a good EBC $500

*oil cooler $1000 (if u are on the track)

*injectors-fuel pump $1400

*adjustable control and castor arms front and rear $1100

but this is just me , dont flame me about the prices it just off the top of my head

It a really clean looking r32 well done

HICAS - wouldn't remove it unless you find it hinders your driving.

Cam gears are a good idea, no ideas on price.

Power FC and tune great, might find it costs $1400 for an "Australian" delivered version or wait weeks from other stores.

Electronic boost controllers are great if pushing more than 1 bar/14.9 PSI $500 will get a cheap one plus fitting costs.

Oil cooler and filter relocation are great improvements if you do track work or service the car yourself, remember to get a thermostat controlled one in Canberra else your oil temp will never raise to operating temperature doing general driving in winter. about $1500 installed

Injectors and fuel pump if chasing more than 300rwkw, $1700 I was recently quoted but the fuel pump fitted $700 seemed a bit pricy to me

Not bad on the prices GTR32GUS :D

For the RDA buy, just look in the group buys section in the forum, it stands out somewhat

Edited by a20089

Now which ones

Grooved & Dimpled Rotors:

7. R32 GTS-t/Z32 300ZXTT: F=909G 280mm RRP $305, R=908G 297mm RRP $285 (Front can be used for S15 Silvias)

8. R32 GTR (early models): F=7926G 296mm RRP $440, R=908G 297mm RRP $285

9. R33 GTS-t/R34 GT non turbo: F=7693G 296mm RRP $465, R=908G 297mm RRP $285

10. R32 GTR (late model)/R33 GTR/R34 GTR: F=7701G 324mm RRP $575, R=7702G 300mm RRP $525

I know there is a size difference, can anyone tell me why/benefits?

do u have brembo brakes or just the standard nissan one

The 324mm rotors are for the brembo brakes

The 297mm are for the standard brakes

Thanks, I thought it may have meant

F=FRONT

R=REAR

I imagine prices quotes are for a pair... or is it each?