SAU Community

About A Ihi Turbo.

markimak

Hey guys anyone used or know of the IHI turbos.. apparently its fairly large in japan and North america.

got this turbo its a

IHI Serial No = RHF 149099F

Spec = VN14 0001

11411RP801

i should post this in the forced induction section... oh well..

ive been told its a Ball bearing very similar to the 2530 by garret/hks anyone confirm..

i got a pic somewhere.

thanks

mark.

The RHF series are ball bearing according to this site. Also, according to this site, the VN14 spec is an RHF5B turbo which, according to the chart in the first link and depending on exact spec, is rated for 73-208 ps. This is pretty much all the info I could find on this particular turbo, your best bet might be to use the contact info in the first link to contact IHI in the US and ask them the same questions you've posted here. Don't forget to let us know how you go :yes:

IHI are quite popular in the Subaru scene I believe, with most STI's being factory-fitted with an IHI turbo of some description (can't remember spec), and IIRC VF23's are a popular swap for WRX's. I had an RHE62 I was going to bolt to an old Commodore before I came to my senses :banana:

The RHF series are ball bearing according to this site. Also, according to this site, the VN14 spec is an RHF5B turbo which, according to the chart in the first link and depending on exact spec, is rated for 73-208 ps. This is pretty much all the info I could find on this particular turbo, your best bet might be to use the contact info in the first link to contact IHI in the US and ask them the same questions you've posted here. Don't forget to let us know how you go :)

IHI are quite popular in the Subaru scene I believe, with most STI's being factory-fitted with an IHI turbo of some description (can't remember spec), and IIRC VF23's are a popular swap for WRX's. I had an RHE62 I was going to bolt to an old Commodore before I came to my senses :D

208ps only.. ther goes my plans.. lol..

um its a whole kit im buying off my mates mate. just doing research.. basically that pic i sent all that for 1500 Z32 afm, apexi intake, 550cc squirters, mani, dump and turbo.

i have sent an email to ihi the actual company.. and 5 others to representatives over the USA.. ill let you know how i go.

looking at the pics its similar to a 28

yeah subarus use a VF series by IHI i believe

Why not just get a Garrett or HKS setup, proven a million times over.

One can only assume your cheap? Like Subaru drivers :)

ahaha yes.. not really cheap just got offered a kit.. came off a S14 in japan. imported the whole thing...

was gonna use a 2871R probably still will..

subarus are cool and u love them col..

208ps is based on my possibly wrong interpretation of the very limited info I could find, it's quite likely that the turbo you're looking at will support a lot more than that. I'm keen to hear what IHI themselves come back with :D

Why not just get a Garrett or HKS setup, proven a million times over.

One can only assume your cheap? Like Subaru drivers :yes:

so how come u used a chinese copy for ur manifold and wastegate then col?

farken hypocrite :ninja:

its not a question of how well it works, its a question of how long it's gonig to last

maybe thats why ur selling ur car? :)

It will last, but 4 cars and a bike for 2 people does not make sence.

As the skyline gets the least love its going.

Trust me. He aint sellin his car. :P

Its sold pending payment actually. Im just not holding my breath as the buyer is 18 and I dont think he will get th loan from the bank.

Aww, so you DIDN'T have a 2530 on the way? Lies... all LIES :laughing-smiley-014:

... what are u talking about..???

is ur boat even coming yet.. haha

IHI and ther supplier havent replied to my enquirey yet.. :D

Apexi turbo's are based on IHI turbo's

thanks for that. something i didnt know. ive heard good things about the apexi turbos.. so i think i might just look it over and pop it on the SR and see what i run up.

im still waiting for a reply from ihi... hurry up yo.

• 1 month later...