SAU Community

Get Alarms Now!

kairazy

Was just chatting to my mate with an R33. Last week, he parked on Frome Rd at 7 in the morning behind his bosses car. He went into the building (I think he does gyp rocking for a living) and his boss walked outside at 7:15 to take a phone call. He noticed a tall skinhead leaning against a skyline and another guy inside the car. The boss called my mate and asked if he parked behind his car, which he did. The boss told my mate that some guys were trying to steal it.

He ran outside and the guys knew something was on and they took off in a silver/blue ford falcon. My mate walked up to his car and it was running! He had no alarm and no emobiliser but he does now. There were two bogan guys and a bogan girl involved. The number plate on the ford was taken but I think it must have been stolen cos cops haven't said anything.

I think these are the same guys that stole my other mates silver R32 4door. If you don't have an alarm and emobiliser, get one now! Stop low lifes like these ruining people's lives.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh my alarm was triggered today due to someone trying to open my doors!! right in front on the window were i park my car at work!! lucky for the alarm! and the high sensitivity settings!! lucky!

Club lock,alarm, kill switch and a shit work car to park any where Thats the shit i have to do to keep my 33 and 31 safe. These ppl need a good beating to the head with the old baseball bat and nail at the end. Then put into lock up with a big 7 foot kewi

jealous bogans!

and we all know bogans cant drive thats why they drive beat up HQ's and Xd's

Same! Once the car is out of compliance and up to spec with the service got some big plans for security.

don't even get up to spec on service even if it means you cant drive it get an alarm guy to do an install in your driveway thieves wont care if your waiting to do the 100,000km service they steal your car and fang the guts out of it till your timing belt snaps

yea im spendin big doe this weekend on an alarm, 4point immobiliser, pager, internal siren, turbo timer etc etc....so paranoid right now.

If your going to get a pager, get an sms module. Much better than the 2-way pagers which are limited to a short distance.

I enquired about GPS Tracking a couple weeks back when this all started....

What shits me is that NONE of the insurance companies offer any form of discount when the car is fitted with GPS tracking!

One would think due to 90% of cars being recovered in 20min (according to the website) they would offer a discount.... Plus it saves them from folking out if your car gets destroyed!

Either way i'll be in the same boat, i already have a 4 point immobiliser but will be upgrading to the latest one when my car is back on the road AND as above i will be carrying my steering wheel with me if need be!

guys! some prick tries to break into my r33 last night. He was unsuccessful but left me two ply marks on each door handles.

The prick was cautious and didnt trigger the alarm while plying. He sure got some guts to do it with a car with alarm in it.

I saved a couple hundred on my previous car with Just Car Insurance for having a GSM SMS pager... they said its a form of 'tracking' device... sim cards can be tracked etc etc

don't even get up to spec on service even if it means you cant drive it get an alarm guy to do an install in your driveway thieves wont care if your waiting to do the 100,000km service they steal your car and fang the guts out of it till your timing belt snaps

Where the car sleeps at night its very secured and the car aint gonna be out of my sight anytime soon so I reckon service first - if the engine goes BOOM due to lack of service alarm isnt going to make a difference :D

What you described about the two bogan males and one female in a ford really worries me now!!! Yesterday that description of people came to my work, they hung around for ages, after a while one of the skin heads came in asking heaps of questions about my car and i mean heaps!! I played dumb and didnt answer any, said i just bought the car which is kind of true. after he left the shop they sat in the car for about twenty more minutes. they were sussed as, i stayed behind the register watching them the whole time, the girl looked like she was doing something you dont do in cars usually with the passenger the other was smoking. when they finally left i was relieved!!! the drove real slow past my car tho!!! eeeek