SAU Community

Greddy Type S Bov.

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a Greddy Type S bov, which is in fairly new condition. I'm just having problems with getting it to work on my Ford xr6 Turbo.

So i was seeing if theres any skyline people that have fitted one of these and live in melbourne.

Mine just flutters loudly for about 3 seconds when im driving and hear a slight high pitch *ting noise that is extremely quiet.

anyways, was hoping to see if there were any guys that can help me out, as guys on the ford forums obviously can't since those guys arent familiar with these products and they all stick to their turbo smart bovs.

Thanks

I would look at the adjuster on top and wind it all the way in... maybe even upgrade the spring inside.

Your trying to vent a very large amount of air through the budget range trust bov designed for a much smaller engines.... you should be using the type r.

oo i see. hrm

my cars actually stock, and i've tried it on a heavily boosted xr6T and it sounded and reacted the same.

- I opened this bov y'day and it actually has 2 thing springs of the same length. one just sitting in the middle of the other one.

it sounds like it is set too tight. adjust it to softer.

also as uras said, if the bov can't vent the gas fast enough you will get flutter as the air pass back through the turbo.

i have fiddled witht the aduster.

having it full in. and then to really soft

haivng the screw at mid-point. i can get it to go pssh but then it just has a long high pitch whistle thats really faint.

Im wanting to try and connect that smaller nipple to a hose as well which i read, makes the bov function quicker and louder. Do i have to make my own connection for it on my car? as my car only has one main vacuum hose.

the second nipple is usually used to control boost, similar to a wastegate but on the pressure side, i have used it to good effect on smaller cube engines... i doubt it could pass enough air effectively on a 4litre.

the second nipple is usually used to control boost, similar to a wastegate but on the pressure side, i have used it to good effect on smaller cube engines... i doubt it could pass enough air effectively on a 4litre.

ok. np .

Thanks for the advice.

i forgot to post my pictures up before hand.. here they are.

its not the best setup as its using the wrx adaptor. and being an ebay item, i did want to see if it actually worked before buying the correct adaptor which i'm ordering off ebay now.

I am still concerned as i put it on my mates '98 wrx and i didnt really hear that high pitch whistle at all as well.

anyways, ill see what happens when i hook it up to the appropriate adaptor. cheers

IMG_0181.jpg

bov-1.jpg

you won't hear a high pitch noise since it only looks like it has the plumback attachment. to get the whistle you need the trumpet attatchment that has the little holes cut it in. they are what give it the noise.

but the plumback attachment isn't connected to anything? So while you might not hear the loudsest *insert noise here* you should hear something. People with skylines have gotten something similar simply by disconnecting the plumback hose and blocking it off.

I have no idea how the WRX's are set up, but the way that is, would it be very responsive? If at all? Becuase you'd think that tiny little pipe that the BOV is connected to might even be a little restrictive?? I'm merely guessing here by the way. Andrew, if you've seen the setup on skylines you'll notice that the BOV's are directly attached to the intake pipes, not off a small seperate hose, don't know if that means anything or not.....

but the plumback attachment isn't connected to anything? So while you might not hear the loudsest *insert noise here* you should hear something. People with skylines have gotten something similar simply by disconnecting the plumback hose and blocking it off.

I have no idea how the WRX's are set up, but the way that is, would it be very responsive? If at all? Becuase you'd think that tiny little pipe that the BOV is connected to might even be a little restrictive?? I'm merely guessing here by the way. Andrew, if you've seen the setup on skylines you'll notice that the BOV's are directly attached to the intake pipes, not off a small seperate hose, don't know if that means anything or not.....

yep i understand the bov's are attatched off the intercooler pipes. I just wanted to actually see if this BOV was in working condition after buying off ebay. but this adaptor directely clamps into the i/c hosing.

I've actually found an adaptor on ebay after a long search. which will require me to cut up my rubber i/c hose and clamp this in. so i shall see what happens then.

hey mad082, all the clips i've seen off youtube that have people reving their engines and their greddy type s make the whistle, they don't actually have those trumpets? but i wouldn't mind putting one on it.

looks like i gotta do some more ebaying now.