SAU Community

Safc2 After Baby Mods - What To Expect?

Hey y'all

I've just done my baby mods, zorst, front mount, actuator to 12 psi and am looking at an SAFC2.

So if you'd kindly share some knowledge I wanna know what can you get in terms of:

1) Horses

2) Fuel economy

3) Self tune or not?

I was just gonna pay a workshop as I have zero gauges and zero xp.

At the moment it really seems to be guzzling the gas and I'm not a real lead foot, so I'm hoping its worth it for fuel alone.

Edited by vault13

yep you will be running really rich with those mods...

SAFC will give you approx 20rwkw more and you will get better economy (providing you don't drive it faster with the new power)

get it tuned at a workshop on a dyno

safc can be installed onto stock ecu. its a piggy back system that tricks the standard ecu into thinking different to what is being done.

230 - 260 horsies depending on the dyno more than anything else. get a professional tune. Fuel economy will slightly improve (but not really that much - your cruising fuel consumption will remain pretty much unaffected and when your on WOT, your using a shittone of fuel anyway.)

i got 230hp with FMIC, 3" turbo back zorst, high flow cat, 12 psi, pod filter & cold air intakes. SAFC2 tuned by matt spry.

i got 230hp with FMIC, 3" turbo back zorst, high flow cat, 12 psi, pod filter & cold air intakes. SAFC2 tuned by matt spry.

no offence dude, but that is extremely low for those mods. i know a guy that got 230hp out of his stock 33. so either your car is sick, or the dyno is.

most people with a safc are up around the 200kw (270hp) range.

also i know someone who got a about a 20kw gain from his. and then when he put his pfc on he got the exact same max hp figure, but it was stronger down low.

200 rwkw would be awesome, what I'd like but I'd be very surprised if you could get there with stock turbo.

I guess +20rwkw and a little better fuel economy is worth it in the long run.

i got what you are talking about and have 270rwhp or 200rwkw at 11 psi. wont go any more though! definitely put a fuel pump in . get around 12 to 13 L / 100, depends how i drive. is your car a auto Strik3r?

i got 191kw @ 10psi.

some tuners get lazy and dont really change anything before 3000rpm. if you go in telling them you want to run a little lean before boost, then want a 12:1 afr from then on and ask for an AFR map to prove they did it, then you should get better consumption as well as power.

i got 195rwkw on 11psi pretty happy with that :pirate:

I wouldn't be complaining either, thats some good power on just 11psi.

Thanks,

Abu

i got 191kw @ 10psi.

some tuners get lazy and dont really change anything before 3000rpm. if you go in telling them you want to run a little lean before boost, then want a 12:1 afr from then on and ask for an AFR map to prove they did it, then you should get better consumption as well as power.

Thats a good tip and also awesome result.

A little lean off boost is good, save fuel also.

Did installation + dyno time set you back much?

Thanks,

Abu

Edited by abu

Thats a good tip and also awesome result.

A little lean off boost is good, save fuel also.

Did installation + dyno time set you back much?

Thanks,

Abu

i installed it myself, its not hard at all, theres also a guide in the DIY section.

the tune cost me $200.

i installed it myself, its not hard at all, theres also a guide in the DIY section.

the tune cost me $200.

Thats good value for money!

Will definitely be looking for a SAFC II.

Thanks,

Abu

Sounds like good advice to me, will be asking for this when I go for a tune :stupid:

$200 sounds pretty cheap for a tune, is that the going rate?

i got 191kw @ 10psi.

Sounds like good advice to me, will be asking for this when I go for a tune :thumbsup:

$200 sounds pretty cheap for a tune, is that the going rate?

Some may even do it cheaper providing everything on the car is up to par. For example i took my car in for an safcII tune after i installed it myself thinking that it would be around 150-$200 for the tune, but turns out my oxy sensor and fuel pump were gone. So not only did i waste time on the dyno but money also! But when i took it back with the new pump and oxy it cost me $150 for the tune. :thumbsup: some workshops do them more than others so they can get them done pretty quickly and with good results. So providing everything is cool with your car 150 to 200 should be about the price. :thumbsup:

People where is best place for buying it? suggest and link it here if you can

Well safcII has been replaced by apexi afc neo. So finidng one may prove a bit harder than say a year ago or so. Have a look around the for sale section and business traders - i got mine from a trader off here - bt revolution. But as i said a lot of traders / shops etc may not have them anymore and will have the afc neo which will give you the same result anyways - bit more expensive but has a cool colour screen! Also try nengun, or greenline.jp - thats to import one. Good luck :)